#1 triplerandy

triplerandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:49 AM

(This Guide is Still being Built)

Introduction
Hello. Just a short introduction introduction about myself. I have been playing an adept since it awakened. (Bandwagoner ikr but who cares). I noticed there isn't any detailed guide for adept so I decided to make one. This is an ongoing guide so it will take a while to construct. Meanwhile please enjoy the TLDR important things about adepts for now.

Section 0:

Introduction to adept:

Adept is an INT based class that specializes in the element of fire and ice.

Why adept?

- High on the DPS List. Based On ChellyChi's DPS tier list, adept is being ranked as an S tier DPS in this current level 93 cap.
(Link : http://forum.cherryc...er-construction).

- Great mobbing capability. Almost all of the adept skills has a wide hit box. This make adept a good character when there are multiple monsters to kill.

- Easy to play. As mentioned above, adept skills have a wide hit box. This makes it extremely beginner due to the fact that you need to position yourself to get an optimal DPS position.

- Gear flexibility. Adept uses INT based gears. You can go either full fire or full ice based on your preference.

- "Tanky" class in general. Among other INT classes besides alchemists and clerics, adepts have the skill called "Eureka" which gives adepts a 1% damage reduction passive per bubble (max of 20%). On top of a high magic defense stat, they are easily on of the most "tankiest" offensive character in game.

-Many iframe skills. Unlike most generic classes were the iframe is a standard tumble, adept has an additional 2 more iframe skills magma jump, very similar to engineer's rocket jump but stack-able twice and hot key-able! Furthermore, elemental flair provides you a very long iFrame period where during the cast duration, you're completely in iframe.

Just a demonstration of adepts' DPS Potential:

Table of Contents
1. TLDR Version
2. Skill Build Explanation
3. Gear Comparison
4. Skills Comparison
5. Rune Dragon Nest Specific Hints

Credits:
-

Disclaimer and Assumptions List

Please take note of the following assumptions:
- I NEVER use normal ice beam, any mentions of ice beam refers to Ice Beam EXi unless stated. The difference between this two skills will be stated in section 4.

Edited by triplerandy, 12 August 2017 - 06:45 PM.

#2 triplerandy

triplerandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:50 AM

Section 1
TLDR Version

-Reserved

Adept Skill Build
[TAKE NOTE] Please take note, in my build did not add hypnosis, I do not like the delay it gives. If you like it, you can either sacrifice the poison side skills or reduce 3 from icing punch to add in hypnosis.

Link Form:
https://dnskillsim.h...--0-00-----0--0

Picture Form:
Posted Image

Plates To Use (In Order of Importance)
- Ice Beam CD
- Magma Punch CD
- Magma Wave DMG
- Icicle Expression DMG

Plates to consider:
-Ice Palm CD

DPS Skill Priority
1. Magma Wall
2. Elemental flair
3. Magma Wave
4. Icicle Expression

Basic Rotation:

Standard Combo 1
1. W Magma Punch
2. Icing Punch
3. Magma Wall (Wait for wall to appear)
4. Ice Beam
5. Magma Wave
6. Elemental Flair

Outside of standard combo
1. Icing mass (Throw this in the beginning of a fight if you wish to know when you can start attacking because of its tick damage)
2. C2H5OH (a.k.a. Ethanol) (Throw it with icing mass to give a explosion damage)

- Summon of Ice Palm (Ice palm gives good damage constantly so you should summon it once cool down is up. Do not summon it in mechanics where summons will die. Your ice palm will die too.)
- Dispenser. (For hp/mp recovery and damage increasing items)

Skills to AVOID USING:
- Poison Break and Mixed Infection. This is a physician side skill. It is added so we can have only access to chemical bubble charging. This skill consumes 5 bubbles and has low damage because it is dark element and left and level 1. Do not bother using Poison Break and Mixed Infection.

- Use Magma Wall, Magma Wave, Icicle Expression only when bubble count is above 5. These 3 skills have their board damage doubled when used above a 5 bubble count. They make up the core of your DPS. Save up those bubbles before attempting to damage the boss!

Edited by triplerandy, 14 August 2017 - 01:17 AM.

#3 triplerandy

triplerandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:50 AM

Section 2
Detailed Skill Build Explanation

2.1. Skill Priority List:
List of dps skills here:

2.2. Comparison of Skill Board Damage
Under construction

2.3. Charging of bubble skills:
Posted Image

Orange Denotes With Elemental Bubble Charging
Green Denotes With Chemical Bubble Charging

2.3. ???

Edited by triplerandy, 13 August 2017 - 12:42 AM.

#4 triplerandy

triplerandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:51 AM

Section 3
Gear Build Comparison

-Reserved

#5 triplerandy

triplerandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:51 AM

Section 4 (Under Construction)
Skill Comparison

4.1.Explanation about the different Magma Punches

Posted Image

4.2. Skill rotation of animation cancel

Posted Image

(I just realized the images are flipped. The shorter timing one is for cancel animation) This combo serves to cancel animation for after ice beam cast, allowing u to cast magma wall faster.

4.3. Comparison of Magma Walls

Under construction

4.4. Explanation For Using Poison Skills vs Without Using Poison Skills
Based on my test and read comments below, it is NOT a necessity to use the poison skills to gain bubbles. It is something nice to have and also based on players perspective. It gives you alternatives to collect bubble instead of a standard bubble collection of 5 from the magma punch + icing punch combo.

Here is a run where i use my adept in an Ice Dragon Nest Run:
Skip to 28:30.
A sample scenario where I can really charge up bubble really fast. (When I got debuffed and left 2 bubbles left.)

It really depends on the play style you choose. But I can say this much. If you don't add poison skills, you will reach a point where you run out of skills to use anyways (especially with willpower), there is no harm adding more skills to your rotation to get more bubbles for your skills.

I have a video comparison of me comparison poison build vs non poison build, but based on my recordings, I draw a conclusion as said above. It is not a necessity, it is a nice to have.

4.5. Reason for using Bubble
Bubble is actually useful in 2 scenarios:
1. Adding Super Armor for your team mates so they don't get knock back on mechanics. (I will try to add in videos/animations when I find examples, but currently it will be on text form.)

- Rune Dragon Phase 1 after you manage to bring the ball to the dragon. If you stand in front of the dragon without bubble, you will be staggered.
- Rune prison/Collect mechanic Rune prison will break your current combo (except those super high SA skills) Please take note elemental flair will be stopped. With bubble, your combo will not be stopped.

2. Disabling of Bosses. This applies to 2 raids as far as I can remember.
Ice Dragon Nest HC: Punisher. The punisher will spin all around the map. Bubbling the boss will stop him in the tracks.

Rune Dragon Nest HC: Staff going out of control mechanic. You can disable the staff by using bubble. The longer the level of the bubble, the longer the staff will be disabled.

Edited by triplerandy, 14 August 2017 - 01:09 AM.

#6 triplerandy

triplerandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:52 AM

Section 5
Current Nest Specific Explanation

Section 5.1.
Section 5.1.1. Rune Dragon Notes

1. Please take note icing punch may give u some teleport. Using icing punch might reposition you so take note of this. You might want to use other skills to collect bubble.

Noteable teleport places:
-Stage 1 Cross road
-Stage 3 Bar Mech. Dark Energy Rises from the Ground Mechanic
Example : https://www.youtube....h?v=v5vk5mqQRNU (Timing: 11.10~11.20)
-Stage 4 Leave a sign mechanic.

2. [Stage 3] You can use elemental flair to dodge the pizza mechanic, if you have a super gold fish memory like mine. (Teehee XP) Please take note of the timing of elemental flair. Use it too late you will have no iFrame. Use it too early, you will get hit twice.
Example : https://www.youtube....h?v=v5vk5mqQRNU (Timing around 14:00)

3. [Stage 3] You can throw Icing Mass/C2H5OH at your spot before hand during Volva Magic and run around the map. You do not need to stay at your position to get the buff.

4. [Stage 1] Managarm Focus on someone and prepares a fire breath attack. DO NOT ELEMENTAL FLAIR if you are marked right away. He will push you right to the wall and if spikes appear there, you will not be able to escape. (Escape current location will render useless)

5.1.2. Skill Details For 5.1.2. Skill Details for Rune Dragon
Posted Image

Edited by triplerandy, 14 August 2017 - 01:40 AM.

#7 JeeHan

JeeHan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

You mentioned Dispenser with skill details but not on your sim skill build. Don't know if its intentional or what.

Just a personal pov, i dont think adept need to get any poison skills besides Poison Charging for mobility. Reason is, you have enough skills to generate enough bubbles, Napalm Bomb included. And would recommend getting Force out. Very usefull in pushing mechanics together with magma punch and ice punch.

#8 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

View PostJeeHan, on 11 August 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

Just a personal pov, i dont think adept need to get any poison skills besides Poison Charging for mobility. Reason is, you have enough skills to generate enough bubbles, Napalm Bomb included. And would recommend getting Force out. Very usefull in pushing mechanics together with magma punch and ice punch.

Hmmm, I disagree. Even with those skills I find myself lacking bubbles. Could you share a POV where an adept would not have to use much poison skills to rotate skills off CD?

#9 Ennemie

Ennemie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1933 posts
  • Ennemie
  • DN, Holywood
  • GM of MysticClaN

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

+1 to what JeeHan said,
You can check my channel to see adept without poison skills, actually my adept even has slime. I don't run out of bubbles, and I actually even out-dpsed some well known people in IDN Abyss s1 with that build (in the past ofc ^-^)
To me, getting poison skills is a waste of SP and using them is a waste of time (What time will you get to inject or throw poison grenade? The time it takes you to use those skills, your other skills CD are done already/mech time already) - that's what I've been saying ever since awakening came out. I've been playing alchemist since 40 cap and unlike most, I did not bandwagon to adept, I had one already.
I know it's most probably an unpopular opinion, since I also remember someone else posting a guide saying he got poison skills, and here's another one.
However, everybody has a different way of playing and well, do whatever rocks your boat (:])

Edit: However, kuddos to andou for making a guide for adep, it will be useful to link that to people who want to play adept, instead of spending hours answering their random questions (clap)

Edited by Ennemie, 11 August 2017 - 07:38 PM.

#10 triplerandy

triplerandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

View PostJeeHan, on 11 August 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

You mentioned Dispenser with skill details but not on your sim skill build. Don't know if its intentional or what.

Hi. Thank you for noticing this mistake. It isn't intentional I just missed it out thanks for pointing this out.

View PostXenocho, on 11 August 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Hmmm, I disagree. Even with those skills I find myself lacking bubbles. Could you share a POV where an adept would not have to use much poison skills to rotate skills off CD?

Hi thank you for all your feedback. I have been quite busy lately. I will be updating this guide as i come along, with videos and stuff.

As I noticed its highly debatable that adepts do not need the poison skills. I will be producing a video soon showing why adepts require the poison skills soon.

Edited by triplerandy, 11 August 2017 - 07:58 PM.

#11 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:45 PM

View PostEnnemie, on 11 August 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

+1 to what JeeHan said,
You can check my channel to see adept without poison skills, actually my adept even has slime. I don't run out of bubbles, and I actually even out-dpsed some well known people in IDN Abyss s1 with that build (in the past ofc ^-^)
To me, getting poison skills is a waste of SP and using them is a waste of time (What time will you get to inject or throw poison grenade? The time it takes you to use those skills, your other skills CD are done already/mech time already) - that's what I've been saying ever since awakening came out. I've been playing alchemist since 40 cap and unlike most, I did not bandwagon to adept, I had one already.
I know it's most probably an unpopular opinion, since I also remember someone else posting a guide saying he got poison skills, and here's another one.
However, everybody has a different way of playing and well, do whatever rocks your boat (:])

Edit: However, kuddos to andou for making a guide for adep, it will be useful to link that to people who want to play adept, instead of spending hours answering their random questions (clap)

Ennemie, based on this video you recommended (refer below), you are suggesting that it is possible to play Adept without relying on the use of Poison Skills. There are a few flaws which I would like to point out.

1. Throwing grenades as starters is not the best way to play Adept. Grenades have poor damage/cast time and damage/cd.
2. The most important ways to upkeep your DPS as an Adept is to use Magma Wall, Magma Wave, Icicle Expression and Elemental Flair off CD all the time. This consumes 5 to 9 bubbles with each use. In your video, you do not cast all these off CD, but sometimes delay them by casting grenades or casting Magma and Ice Punch. This will reduce your damage output, especially in short DPS windows, where you often do not get to cast many skills. If you had cast Grenades first, then Magma and Ice punch off CD, you may have missed the opportunity to hit full Elemental Flair. This situation becomes worse when you are powered with Willpower & Harmonize's ASPD bonus.
3. In both IDN and Battle Ground videos, you do not face the situation where you are required to cast very little amount of skills in short time. In such situation, sometimes you cannot wait to cast Magma Punch + Ice Punch twice to get 5 more bubbles. This is where poison skills come in handy at a +2 bubble each. It is also not correct to say you have no time to cast poison skills: you get 4 bubble vs 2 bubble if you use Injector + Poison Grenade vs Ethanol + Icing Mass if bubble gaining is your focus. In most situations, Ethanol and Icing Mass contribute very little to the overall output of the DPS meter.

So, overall, I think you manage to keep up with bubble consumption because you delay your main bubble consuming skills to cast bubble gaining skills. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Posted Image

Edited by Xenocho, 11 August 2017 - 08:50 PM.

#12 Ennemie

Ennemie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1933 posts
  • Ennemie
  • DN, Holywood
  • GM of MysticClaN

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

View PostXenocho, on 11 August 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Ennemie, based on this video you recommended (refer below), you are suggesting that it is possible to play Adept without relying on the use of Poison Skills. There are a few flaws which I would like to point out.

1. Throwing grenades as starters is not the best way to play Adept. Grenades have poor damage/cast time and damage/cd.
2. The most important ways to upkeep your DPS as an Adept is to use Magma Wall, Magma Wave, Icicle Expression and Elemental Flair off CD all the time. This consumes 5 to 9 bubbles with each use. In your video, you do not cast all these off CD, but sometimes delay them by casting grenades or casting Magma and Ice Punch. This will reduce your damage output, especially in short DPS windows, where you often do not get to cast many skills. If you had cast Grenades first, then Magma and Ice punch off CD, you may have missed the opportunity to hit full Elemental Flair. This situation becomes worse when you are powered with Willpower & Harmonize's ASPD bonus.
3. In both IDN and Battle Ground videos, you do not face the situation where you are required to cast very little amount of skills in short time. In such situation, sometimes you cannot wait to cast Magma Punch + Ice Punch twice to get 5 more bubbles. This is where poison skills come in handy at a +2 bubble each. It is also not correct to say you have no time to cast poison skills: you get 4 bubble vs 2 bubble if you use Injector + Poison Grenade vs Ethanol + Icing Mass if bubble gaining is your focus. In most situations, Ethanol and Icing Mass contribute very little to the overall output of the DPS meter.

So, overall, I think you manage to keep up with bubble consumption because you delay your main bubble consuming skills to cast bubble gaining skills. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Posted Image

I get your point, but the 3 lacunas you have mentioned apply to using poison skills in between also.
For the purposes of this discussion, I will disregard point 1 as it I consider it to be irrelevant. (I like to use grenades at first to know when the boss is out of iframe - when the numbers start popping out, that's when I start attacking)

Back to our sheeps... For the gist of your arguments:
IRRC the topic of rebuttal is the fact that getting poison skills is not required in order to generate bubbles, and not whether I maximised DPS output.
My videos plainly demonstrate how you will not run out of bubbles to use the main skills (those you have enumerated; being wall, wave, icicle, flair). Your point is that you should get poison skills to get bubbles, so inherently, my point is in direct correlation to yours, since you will have to use 1 skill or another (where I use punch and grenades, and where you purportedly use poison grenade and injector) in order to gain those bubbles.

So basically, it's not a question about maximising DPS output, because the output will be the same, as you still have to collect bubbles one way of the other. My videos simply demonstrate that you can collect said bubbles using adept tree skills. In fact, one might argue that by using exclusively adept tree skills, the dmg output will be higher, because of the element of fire/ice vs using physician tree skills which is the dark element.

Point 3 however, is a very interesting approach to the theory.
Upon perusal of my own videos, I realised that it is true, my use of icing mass and napalm is just a delaying tactic, you are right. However, the main bubble gaining skill I rely on is magma punch+ice punch. Nevertheless, from the couple minutes I watched my videos, there's a question that bugs me; am I using the grenades in order to gather enough bubbles to use the skills or am I using them as a 'tick'/habit? To be honest, I don't know, and I won't be able to test that out properly since i'm on hiatus until October. It does warrant serious reflection though.
On the other hand, I would like to see videos where multiple instances of an adept in the current meta, using physician skills (poison grenade and injector) in order to gather bubbles - where the option of magma punch wasn't available/where, as you say, time constraints were such that one couldn't resort to other skills.
From the numerous videos I watched from early Dec 2016 to pre-RUDNHC, I have not seen adepts [even with the physician skill tree] having to resort to using poison skills to gain bubbles. However, as you pointed out, perhaps in RUDNHC such is not the case.
Posted Image

#13 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

View PostEnnemie, on 11 August 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

- shortened
Thank you Ennemie for your detailed response. I agree that it is possible to play without learning poison skills, but that is not a strong argument. One can play without learning any skills at all too. However, what would be a good point of debate which supports the use of poison skills is the situation where you have low bubbles and have been debuffed.

In the situation above, you will have to cast ****tail, which reduces bubble, then cast Magma Punch and Ice Punch to get 5 bubbles. More often than not, you will not be able to cast the 3 big skills, Flare, Wall and Wave back to back. If you only have Magma Punch in that situation, you have to wait 6s to get 5 bubbles, and maybe get 3-4 bubbles more per 10 seconds if you throw in all the grenades. In comparison, you will be able to get at least 6 bubbles more, simply by using 3 poison skills combined with the poison mastery. The cast time of using less skills to rush out 4 bubbles is also much less than doing the same with Adept only skills. This is core in times when the DPS window is ending and you must quickly cast Elemental Flair without having the risk of canceling it.

In short, there is no reason not to take poison skills. I doubt there are other use for SP other than taking poison skills. The advantages are great however, such as in times of emergency and you are in dire need for bubbles. The alternative is waiting for Magma + Ice Punch to CD to get 5 bubbles, which is a luxury not many can afford, especially at the expense of their DPS being reduced.

#14 ChellyChi

ChellyChi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
  • CheIIy \ Espringale
  • DN, Springwood
  • VongolaVN

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:15 PM

View PostEnnemie, on 11 August 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

I get your point, but the 3 lacunas you have mentioned apply to using poison skills in between also.
For the purposes of this discussion, I will disregard point 1 as it I consider it to be irrelevant. (I like to use grenades at first to know when the boss is out of iframe - when the numbers start popping out, that's when I start attacking)

Back to our sheeps... For the gist of your arguments:
IRRC the topic of rebuttal is the fact that getting poison skills is not required in order to generate bubbles, and not whether I maximised DPS output.
My videos plainly demonstrate how you will not run out of bubbles to use the main skills (those you have enumerated; being wall, wave, icicle, flair). Your point is that you should get poison skills to get bubbles, so inherently, my point is in direct correlation to yours, since you will have to use 1 skill or another (where I use punch and grenades, and where you purportedly use poison grenade and injector) in order to gain those bubbles.

So basically, it's not a question about maximising DPS output, because the output will be the same, as you still have to collect bubbles one way of the other. My videos simply demonstrate that you can collect said bubbles using adept tree skills. In fact, one might argue that by using exclusively adept tree skills, the dmg output will be higher, because of the element of fire/ice vs using physician tree skills which is the dark element.

Point 3 however, is a very interesting approach to the theory.
Upon perusal of my own videos, I realised that it is true, my use of icing mass and napalm is just a delaying tactic, you are right. However, the main bubble gaining skill I rely on is magma punch+ice punch. Nevertheless, from the couple minutes I watched my videos, there's a question that bugs me; am I using the grenades in order to gather enough bubbles to use the skills or am I using them as a 'tick'/habit? To be honest, I don't know, and I won't be able to test that out properly since i'm on hiatus until October. It does warrant serious reflection though.
On the other hand, I would like to see videos where multiple instances of an adept in the current meta, using physician skills (poison grenade and injector) in order to gather bubbles - where the option of magma punch wasn't available/where, as you say, time constraints were such that one couldn't resort to other skills.
From the numerous videos I watched from early Dec 2016 to pre-RUDNHC, I have not seen adepts [even with the physician skill tree] having to resort to using poison skills to gain bubbles. However, as you pointed out, perhaps in RUDNHC such is not the case.
Posted Image

Waow nostalgic

#15 Ennemie

Ennemie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1933 posts
  • Ennemie
  • DN, Holywood
  • GM of MysticClaN

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

View PostXenocho, on 11 August 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

Thank you Ennemie for your detailed response. I agree that it is possible to play without learning poison skills, but that is not a strong argument. One can play without learning any skills at all too. However, what would be a good point of debate which supports the use of poison skills is the situation where you have low bubbles and have been debuffed. In the situation above, you will have to cast ****tail, which reduces bubble, then cast Magma Punch and Ice Punch to get 5 bubbles. More often than not, you will not be able to cast the 3 big skills, Flare, Wall and Wave back to back. If you only have Magma Punch in that situation, you have to wait 6s to get 5 bubbles, and maybe get 3-4 bubbles more per 10 seconds if you throw in all the grenades. In comparison, you will be able to get at least 6 bubbles more, simply by using 3 poison skills combined with the poison mastery. The cast time of using less skills to rush out 4 bubbles is also much less than doing the same with Adept only skills. This is core in times when the DPS window is ending and you must quickly cast Elemental Flair without having the risk of canceling it. In short, there is no reason not to take poison skills. I doubt there are other use for SP other than taking poison skills. The advantages are great however, such as in times of emergency and you are in dire need for bubbles. The alternative is waiting for Magma + Ice Punch to CD to get 5 bubbles, which is a luxury not many can afford, especially at the expense of their DPS being reduced.
I use magma punch CD plate, which is also recommended by Andou in this build, so it's more like 5 seconds CD.
So, confining the accummulation of bubbles within this 5 seconds timeframe, it's either napalm and icing or 2 of the following: injector/poison grenade/poison charging.
However, this whole debate is simply rhetorics, as the casting time for the main skills you have enumerated is quite long also, so magma punch will most often than not be able to be casted in between some of them. I believe that the whole issue with bubble consumption arises out of failure to manage bubbles appropriately.
To clearly demonstrate my point:
Both A and B begin with 20 bubbles
A uses punch>ice [to debuff]>ice beam>wall>icicle expression>punch>EF>punch+ice>wave> etc etc
B uses punch>ice [to debuff]>ice beam>wall>icicle>wave>punch>EF>has to use filler skills to get bubbles because didn't bother about getting bubbles in between main skills

Of course, you will still argue time constraints, maximise DPS etc etc. I do see your point.
However, you must be aware that your situation is really the top 1% situation, as a service seller for RUDNHC.
Your reality isn't the reality of the populace.
Since this is a guide, it ought to show the various options available, or demonstrate why other options are to be completely disregarded.
As JeeHan said above, I believe that getting force out to push things would be a better alternative for the populace, and not just for RUDNHC purposes, but for other 4 men nests or 8 men raids as well~
Getting slime would also be an alternative (BECAUSE ITS SO CUTE) but that's another moot topic lol.

View PostChellyChi, on 11 August 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

Waow nostalgic
IKR lol and the stalking at the end (shame) (shame)
OT: Your signature got me dazed for a full 10 seconds lol.

#16 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:21 AM

View PostEnnemie, on 11 August 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

I use magma punch CD plate, which is also recommended by Andou in this build, so it's more like 5 seconds CD.
So, confining the accummulation of bubbles within this 5 seconds timeframe, it's either napalm and icing or 2 of the following: injector/poison grenade/poison charging.
However, this whole debate is simply rhetorics, as the casting time for the main skills you have enumerated is quite long also, so magma punch will most often than not be able to be casted in between some of them. I believe that the whole issue with bubble consumption arises out of failure to manage bubbles appropriately.
To clearly demonstrate my point:
Both A and B begin with 20 bubbles
A uses punch>ice [to debuff]>ice beam>wall>icicle expression>punch>EF>punch+ice>wave> etc etc
B uses punch>ice [to debuff]>ice beam>wall>icicle>wave>punch>EF>has to use filler skills to get bubbles because didn't bother about getting bubbles in between main skills

Of course, you will still argue time constraints, maximise DPS etc etc. I do see your point.
However, you must be aware that your situation is really the top 1% situation, as a service seller for RUDNHC.
Your reality isn't the reality of the populace.
Since this is a guide, it ought to show the various options available, or demonstrate why other options are to be completely disregarded.
As JeeHan said above, I believe that getting force out to push things would be a better alternative for the populace, and not just for RUDNHC purposes, but for other 4 men nests or 8 men raids as well~
Getting slime would also be an alternative (BECAUSE ITS SO CUTE) but that's another moot topic lol.

IKR lol and the stalking at the end (shame) (shame)
OT: Your signature got me dazed for a full 10 seconds lol.

My point is that you begin a DPS window without 20 bubbles though, which can happen in mechs between DPS windows, you become buff cleared and may not have 20 bubbles at the start of the next window.

To blame it all on poor bubble management is not fair, especially when poorer players may manage bubble less effectively. Without poison skills to speed up bubble gain and to be required to rely on Magma Punch and Ice Punch is quite a punishment, which will reduce their overall performance, making them worse off.

Anyway, situations differ, both can happen. I'm simply offering an alternative playstyle and skill distribution which does not suffer any drawbacks apart from summoning a cute slime. It is a player's decision for skill build regardless.

Have a good day.

#17 Ennemie

Ennemie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1933 posts
  • Ennemie
  • DN, Holywood
  • GM of MysticClaN

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:54 AM

You're most probably right anyway, but it doesn't mean that i'm wrong either.
As I said, it's a matter of opinion and personal preference.
Things aren't always black and white :x
I'd be interested to see andou's findings on the matter though, perhaps it can sway me (hat)

#18 xStatikk

xStatikk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Austraea
  • DN, Holywood
  • HeavenStars

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

Hello, I have questions regarding adept skills

1. In post #1

Standard Combo 1
1. W Magma Punch
2. Icing Punch
3. Magma Wall (Wait for wall to appear)
4.Ice Beam
5. Magma Wave

6. Elemental Flair

But then I researched and found out that ice beam ins has higher board damage with smaller cast time. So right now I am confused on what rotation should I focus on.

2. What skills should I cut with rocket jump?
3. What do you guys use for triggering rocket jump? Directional + space or a hotkey?

#19 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:21 AM

View PostxStatikk, on 12 August 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

Hello, I have questions regarding adept skills

1. In post #1

But then I researched and found out that ice beam ins has higher board damage with smaller cast time. So right now I am confused on what rotation should I focus on.

2. What skills should I cut with rocket jump?
3. What do you guys use for triggering rocket jump? Directional + space or a hotkey?
The post above actually refers to Ice Beam EXi; the author assumes all will know that Ice Beam EXi is superior and will be used automatically instead of the other version.

Ice Beam EXi can be cancelled with Magma Jump after the damage is dealt, followed by Magma Wall immediately. One may also cut Elemental Flair to reduce the delay after skill and positioning.

Magma Jump is best activated with hotkey.

#20 triplerandy

triplerandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:49 PM

View PostXenocho, on 12 August 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

The post above actually refers to Ice Beam EXi; the author assumes all will know that Ice Beam EXi is superior and will be used automatically instead of the other version.

Ice Beam EXi can be cancelled with Magma Jump after the damage is dealt, followed by Magma Wall immediately. One may also cut Elemental Flair to reduce the delay after skill and positioning.

Magma Jump is best activated with hotkey.

Thanks for helping me out, I will be constantly editing my thread in order not to confuse people.
And yes I think i might include that in my assumptions list. I have a tendency never to use ice beam normal ever.

I also use magma Jump with a hotkey as you can see in my video.