Nvin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Lorallite
  • DN, Springwood
  • QUEENS Guild

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:40 AM

Hi, just like to share my personal thoughts.

In reference of the skill build, I think it might be better to invest sp on Napalm Bomb and can consider not taking Bubble Bubble or drop it to a lower level. This is due to level 95 cap information that has been discussed in the forums. (Which I suppose is very near.)

As far as I know, Bubble Bubble debuff does not work well with current bosses on nests, hence having it on a higher level might not be necessary.

I am not sure if dropping Hypnosis can be a good thing on PvE as I took it in consideration for PvP (YOLO PvP fun). However, I have sacrificed SP to have Icing Punch to level 11. (tho, I have 4 SPs left but investing it on icing punch to level 15 may not be a good idea, in reference to the 1-6-11-16-Max principle)

In reference to Poison skills, I find them necessary for Adepts. Bubble constraint is real. Additionally, personally, they are good utility skills.

That is all I have in mind right now to share. Have a nice day.

EDIT:
I am not a main Adept, nor a pro user. I am also attaching a run I did with my Adept for reference of my gameplay.
Spoiler

Edited by Nvin, 13 August 2017 - 03:46 AM.

#22 triplerandy

triplerandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:01 AM

View PostNvin, on 13 August 2017 - 03:40 AM, said:

Hi, just like to share my personal thoughts.

In reference of the skill build, I think it might be better to invest sp on Napalm Bomb and can consider not taking Bubble Bubble or drop it to a lower level. This is due to level 95 cap information that has been discussed in the forums. (Which I suppose is very near.)

As far as I know, Bubble Bubble debuff does not work well with current bosses on nests, hence having it on a higher level might not be necessary.

I am not sure if dropping Hypnosis can be a good thing on PvE as I took it in consideration for PvP (YOLO PvP fun). However, I have sacrificed SP to have Icing Punch to level 11. (tho, I have 4 SPs left but investing it on icing punch to level 15 may not be a good idea, in reference to the 1-6-11-16-Max principle)

In reference to Poison skills, I find them necessary for Adepts. Bubble constraint is real. Additionally, personally, they are good utility skills.

That is all I have in mind right now to share. Have a nice day.

EDIT:
I am not a main Adept, nor a pro user. I am also attaching a run I did with my Adept for reference of my gameplay.
Spoiler

Hi thanks for you opinion on this, i actually forgot to include this in my guide above.
I personally hate using hypnosis, hence the exclusion.

The reason of bubble was actually for Ice Dragon Nest Punisher and Rune Dragon Nest Volva. It used for disabling bosses, the higher the level, the longer the disable effect.

Thanks once again, I shall add into my guide explanations

Also, I really have no clue about level 95 cap how adepts work, I only know napalm > wave. Sacrificing a few points into napalm currently for the 93 cap makes no sense because the board damage is not worth it (Level 128% vs level 15 489%) Even if you max it to 895%, it simply isn't a skill worth to increase your damage, its damage just isn't worth it now.

Edited by triplerandy, 14 August 2017 - 01:14 AM.

#23 Nvin

Nvin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Lorallite
  • DN, Springwood
  • QUEENS Guild

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:47 AM

View Posttriplerandy, on 14 August 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

The reason of bubble was actually for Ice Dragon Nest Punisher and Rune Dragon Nest Volva. It used for disabling bosses, the higher the level, the longer the disable effect.

Thank you for this, I never knew this until now.

View Posttriplerandy, on 14 August 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

Also, I really have no clue about level 95 cap how adepts work, I only know napalm > wave. Sacrificing a few points into napalm currently for the 93 cap makes no sense because the board damage is not worth it (Level 128% vs level 15 489%) Even if you max it to 895%, it simply isn't a skill worth to increase your damage, its damage just isn't worth it now.

I have mentioned Napalm Bomb in reference for the upcoming cap. We are in the midst of service transfer and level up achievement box contents may change in the upcoming cap. As far as I have read, the skill only needs to be at level 6 for class mastery 3.

I mentioned it as it might be a better pre-caution for the upcoming cap, which might be at service transfer, based on the rewards.

It is a mystery if they will issue a mass reset, which did not happen on Awakened Classes on early 93 cap, or a Skill Reset scroll / an Oblivion Contract.

As per my experience with DN NA, which is under ED, they do not have a reset scroll nor a job change scroll on their 93 Achievement Box unlike we do.

It might not be relevant today, but it might be better to have it noted for future reference.

#24 JeeHan

JeeHan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

View PostXenocho, on 11 August 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Ennemie, based on this video you recommended (refer below), you are suggesting that it is possible to play Adept without relying on the use of Poison Skills. There are a few flaws which I would like to point out.

1. Throwing grenades as starters is not the best way to play Adept. Grenades have poor damage/cast time and damage/cd.
2. The most important ways to upkeep your DPS as an Adept is to use Magma Wall, Magma Wave, Icicle Expression and Elemental Flair off CD all the time. This consumes 5 to 9 bubbles with each use. In your video, you do not cast all these off CD, but sometimes delay them by casting grenades or casting Magma and Ice Punch. This will reduce your damage output, especially in short DPS windows, where you often do not get to cast many skills. If you had cast Grenades first, then Magma and Ice punch off CD, you may have missed the opportunity to hit full Elemental Flair. This situation becomes worse when you are powered with Willpower & Harmonize's ASPD bonus.
3. In both IDN and Battle Ground videos, you do not face the situation where you are required to cast very little amount of skills in short time. In such situation, sometimes you cannot wait to cast Magma Punch + Ice Punch twice to get 5 more bubbles. This is where poison skills come in handy at a +2 bubble each. It is also not correct to say you have no time to cast poison skills: you get 4 bubble vs 2 bubble if you use Injector + Poison Grenade vs Ethanol + Icing Mass if bubble gaining is your focus. In most situations, Ethanol and Icing Mass contribute very little to the overall output of the DPS meter.

So, overall, I think you manage to keep up with bubble consumption because you delay your main bubble consuming skills to cast bubble gaining skills. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Oh now i see, hue hue thanks Andou and Xeno. Youre right, there are scenarios where im having bubble problems when i got debuffed and resulted me to stop dps~ing/throwing wall/wave/ef at the boss. Currently trying this build. (:D)

#25 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

View PostJeeHan, on 14 August 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Oh now i see, hue hue thanks Andou and Xeno. Youre right, there are scenarios where im having bubble problems when i got debuffed and resulted me to stop dps~ing/throwing wall/wave/ef at the boss. Currently trying this build. %20br=

Err I would suggest not to skip Eureka and leave Icing Punch at 16 (+2 doesn't give meaningful damage). If you are still lacking in SP, reducing C2H5OH to 6 will not significantly affect your damage output as well.

Eureka can be quite a life saver due to the long flinching animation (some say loli flinch is longer than the rest but the claim is untested). An example will be after the knockback and ADAD mech in Rune S2, where you definitely flinch when you are touched by the green aura. Having Eureka saves maybe 1s. Other times would be when monster attacks make you flinch, which are quite aplenty overall.

Edited by Xenocho, 14 August 2017 - 11:29 AM.

#26 JeeHan

JeeHan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

View PostXenocho, on 14 August 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Err I would suggest not to skip Eureka and leave Icing Punch at 16 (+2 doesn't give meaningful damage). If you are still lacking in SP, reducing C2H5OH to 6 will not significantly affect your damage output as well.

Eureka can be quite a life saver due to the long flinching animation (some say loli flinch is longer than the rest but the claim is untested). An example will be after the knockback and ADAD mech in Rune S2, where you definitely flinch when you are touched by the green aura. Having Eureka saves maybe 1s. Other times would be when monster attacks make you flinch, which are quite aplenty overall.

Yeah i always do get eureka. I put ice punch at 16 and C2H5OH at 6. can't seem to post the pic hue.

link.

Edited by JeeHan, 14 August 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#27 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostJeeHan, on 14 August 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

Yeah i always do get eureka. I put ice punch at 16 and C2H5OH at 6. can't seem to post the pic hue.

link.

You could share the link itself. Hmm about Napalm's CM3, for now I do not have much info for it, but I prepared skill builds for it. As of date, I neglect bubble coz I don't knwo if anything in future needs to be binded, and force out because it's actually lousy versus napalm and spanner hit, but its up to you I suppose ^^

The main reason why I quickly replied you with that is because you mentioned you wanted to try this skill build. As you didn't mention which, I assumed you mean TS's which did not include Eureka so I had to add in ^^

Edited by Xenocho, 14 August 2017 - 02:23 PM.

#28 triplerandy

triplerandy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

View PostXenocho, on 14 August 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

You could share the link itself. Hmm about Napalm's CM3, for now I do not have much info for it, but I prepared skill builds for it. As of date, I neglect bubble coz I don't knwo if anything in future needs to be binded, and force out because it's actually lousy versus napalm and spanner hit, but its up to you I suppose ^^

The main reason why I quickly replied you with that is because you mentioned you wanted to try this skill build. As you didn't mention which, I assumed you mean TS's which did not include Eureka so I had to add in ^^

I'm confused. I'm assuming you guys are talking about hypnosis.
Eureka is for damage reduction up to 20% and should never be skipped no matter what

On a side note if anyone has info about napalm bomb + cm3 for future, do link me. I would like to read up on it

Edited by triplerandy, 14 August 2017 - 05:26 PM.

#29 JeeHan

JeeHan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:56 PM

View PostXenocho, on 14 August 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

-i still dont have any idea about CM3 napalm but i hope Nvin is right when he says ED is generous in giving skill resets. For bubble i just have these habbit of making fun of my partymates giving them bubbles hahaha. but it can be dropped and use SP on napalm coz if i remember correctly there are no pushing mech on either GN and VN Nest. i usually use force out, magma punch, ice punch and napalm for pushing in some mechs.

-Ow hue hue, yeah i meant senpai Andou's build + hypnosis. Hypnosis kinda helps me in some situations and the animation is cool and it has iframe.

#30 Nvin

Nvin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Lorallite
  • DN, Springwood
  • QUEENS Guild

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:20 AM

View PostJeeHan, on 14 August 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

-snip-

I think you got me wrong, In reference of what I experience in DN NA, though it is true that there are quite a lot of skill reset scrolls on Level up Achievement Box, none is included in Level 91, 92 and 93.

Since most have their AB opened to the max now, it might be a good precaution to have napalm bomb on level 6 as we do not know if we will have a mass skill reset or the same concept of AB on transfer (Where a job change scroll and Oblivion contract are on the Level Cap Box)

#31 andrewps

andrewps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • DarkSrc
  • DN, Holywood
  • Infinitri

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

Heloo, I'm new in using Adept and currently still trying some of its skills. I'd like ask your opinion regarding Magma Jump, do you guys find it useful? In what kind of situation?

#32 JeeHan

JeeHan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

View Postandrewps, on 24 August 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Heloo, I'm new in using Adept and currently still trying some of its skills. I'd like ask your opinion regarding Magma Jump, do you guys find it useful? In what kind of situation?

It is VERY useful for:

mobility - when dash is on cd thou it rarely happens or when u just want to see her pantsu while casting hue hue.
dodging/iframe - it has some iframe and good for dodging boss skills when you are on aggressive DPS mode. can also use in stomps with the right timing of course.
skill cancelation - when **** happens when your casting skills, can use magma jump to cancel fire/ice skills to get out of boss skills.
bubble gathering - gives 1 bubble per cast cmiir
Damage - no big numbers but it does damage when you bump into the boss/mobs.

Magma jump is like Rocket jump of engineers, you can maneuver it the way u want not just straight path.

Edited by JeeHan, 25 August 2017 - 09:00 AM.