Jeugal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Jeugal
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Ambition

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

As the title says, I'm currently dealing with an ungodly 300ms ping when normally it should be within 90-100ms. Am I the only one experiencing this? I'm using Globe with 10 Mbps and this happened when I watched a certain anime then after completing the whole season the ping suddenly rose up to 300ms constantly.. I restarted the modem and cleared the cache all of my browser's cache but still getting 250-300ms ping.. This didn't happen to me last time and I can still enjoy a 100-120ms ping even when watching youtube videos or anime. Can someone give me some clarifications? Thanks! (:])

#2 Sheene

Sheene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

you probably reached data cap (tense)

#3 Jeugal

Jeugal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Jeugal
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Ambition

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostSheene, on 12 August 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

you probably reached data cap (tense)

I can say that this might be the reason, however
1st: In our newly received bill, there shows that we have an overdue but we already paid that bill 5 days after we received it and my mother just paid our current 3 days ago. Therefore our net data must be refreshed/added. (I'm not an expert on this, when we paid we still have a 20gb of data left but my mother paid right away since she's busy in upcoming days. Was our 20gb of data was refreshed back to 100gb or was it added to the new 100gb and our data now is 120gb? Can someone enlighten me pls.) (:[)
2nd: There's no way our 100 gb plan will be used up in just watching 12 eps of anime. (sorry)

Edited by Jeugal, 13 August 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#4 Boxhead

Boxhead

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1732 posts
  • Cuckistani citizen
  • DN PH most powerful

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

Why settle for capped plans
Posted Image

Are you a new subscriber? Is your lock-in period already expired? tbh I'd recommend you to switch to Converge ICT asap (or PLDT, whatever works).

#5 Sheene

Sheene

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

they reset it at the first day of everymonth iirc, and there is this weird really fast data drain, like you can go from 50gb to nothing in less than a week with regular surfing and gaming. try calling customer support, they will tell you to pay additional for extra cap lul+other fees lul + anyother wtf fees

(pang) (pang) (pang) (pang) (pang) (pang)

#6 ChoxIceCreaM

ChoxIceCreaM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • SkySouffle, LeAfogatto
  • DN, Springwood
  • SeaofFlame/ lPhantasm / Relinquish

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:28 AM

Same problem i'm facing now using Globe as ISP.  No matter how much i restart the router or relog the game, the ping wont just go down at all. (mad)

#7 gianne07

gianne07

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5408 posts
  • StygianVII
  • DN, Westwood
  • Lewdinity

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

I suggest downloading and using a bandwidth (did i get that right?) monitoring software like Glasswire to monitor your actual data usage. A day of surfing could easily net you 1 gb. Not sure with streaming, since i download most of the time... one 720p 30min anime episode is around 200-250mb. Also the number of users of your wifi, and what they usually do (e.g. streaming, downloading too).

As a Globe user, my ping is constantly on the yellow zone too for DN. i think this has been going for a few months already. I am also reading comments that Globe users have a very laggy connection to RO PH (I can attest to this), while PLDC seems better. The contrary is happening in TOS, to which my connection is smooth, while other ISPs seem to be laggier.

I am also reading comments in general about other ISPs here - PLDC seems bad tho they have capless plans, while Converge is heavily dependent on location (Globe and PLDC has a very wide coverage now and continues to grow by the day) and i've been hearing complaints that they aren't responsive at all (e.g. someone said he/she had been calling and inquiring for days and weeks to no avail). All Globe plans are capped i think?

#8 ChoxIceCreaM

ChoxIceCreaM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • SkySouffle, LeAfogatto
  • DN, Springwood
  • SeaofFlame/ lPhantasm / Relinquish

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

Problem solved today owo).

Try using Mudfish or Proxifier. My connection now stable at 100-130ms. (:])

#9 Jeugal

Jeugal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Jeugal
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Ambition

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:33 PM

View PostChoxIceCreaM, on 14 August 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

Problem solved today owo).

Try using Mudfish or Proxifier. My connection now stable at 100-130ms. (:])

How do I use this? Pls help, Im not an expert on this ;-;

edit* I signed up for mudfish and all that I did was I clicked on "Item" and added Dragon nest there. After that I re log-in to Dn again and the ping really dropped lower.. But the question is.. will this affect my bill like my bill will have a higher due or lower? Lets put it this way that I will be only playing DN and won't watch anime in my PC so that I won't cap my data..

edit2* is mudfish free?

Edited by Jeugal, 14 August 2017 - 02:50 PM.

#10 Riuga

Riuga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 960 posts
  • iRiuga
  • DN, Holywood
  • Programmers

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

View PostJeugal, on 14 August 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

edit* I signed up for mudfish and all that I did was I clicked on "Item" and added Dragon nest there. After that I re log-in to Dn again and the ping really dropped lower.. But the question is.. will this affect my bill like my bill will have a higher due or lower? Lets put it this way that I will be only playing DN and won't watch anime in my PC so that I won't cap my data..

No.

edit2* is mudfish free?

No, however it is dirt cheap.

#11 You_Sir_Are_AWSM

You_Sir_Are_AWSM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

I use mudfish bought the cheapest one w/ 22gb. It's been 2 months and my remaining data is at 15gb :v.
I partner it with Cfosspeed to stabilize download/upload to each pc/mobile/laptop connected in our internet. theres an option that prefer ping time(ms) boost or prefer bandwith(dl/stream) boost.