#1 winterhooi

winterhooi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • FellowFromBW
  • DN, Deadwood

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:43 AM

So I always had fps issue when it comes to raiding, then a dude pop out and tell me that dragon nest works better in full screen for how the script is written with collaboration with DirectX. Thus I gave it a try and found out full-screen DN reset my colour temperature setting; as if I was playing alright with window mode then when I switched to the full-screen mode I'm staring at headlights (blue tint, ie, cold screen temperature.

Searched all over the internet and found out its a common problem for Nvidia mobile card ( for me I'm using 960m ) especially for the laptop that has two GPU - Intel and Nvidia.

So here I am trying to see if anyone has a solution for this problem. I wanted to try to play with full-screen to check if fps issue improves, but I don't want to stare into headlights with all the blue tint...

#2 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

It does not usually happen though. For me, it sometimes occur after you disconnect and return to game. Somehow they retain the visual filter that is shown when your char is dead/given the option to return to dungeon after disconnecting. I'd say it's not intentional, like many other weird bugs this game has.

#3 rikolero

rikolero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3877 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

As much as I want to play this game in its full screen glory, I also can't because I'm suffering the same issues as yours; wearing blue filter lenses would just alleviate the problem.

Unfortunately this game was made in such a way where there is no way to change these things. The game overrides your color temperature settings, the developers made it that way (one more reason to hate them LOL).

I can only recommend to take a long break before you start raiding, and take short breaks in between runs.

#4 Verbena

Verbena

• 1010 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:48 PM

This is in no way related to the game. It's an issue of your GPU. I reccommend you to seek help in tech boards or contact the manufacturer. Just writting "blue tint full screen" in google gives back a ton of cases and solutions from other games' and tech boards. It usually gets solved simply by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.

Spoiler

It could also be your monitor. Refer to your manual or contact your manufacturer. Some monitors have unneccessary settings such as "movie mode" "game mode".

Another possibility is messed Nvidia settings.

Please keep me updated.

#5 winterhooi

winterhooi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • FellowFromBW
  • DN, Deadwood

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:59 PM

View PostVerbena, on 13 August 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

This is in no way related to the game. It's an issue of your GPU. I reccommend you to seek help in tech boards or contact the manufacturer. Just writting "blue tint full screen" in google gives back a ton of cases and solutions from other games' and tech boards. It usually gets solved simply by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers.

Spoiler

It could also be your monitor. Refer to your manual or contact your manufacturer. Some monitors have unneccessary settings such as "movie mode" "game mode".

Another possibility is messed Nvidia settings.

Please keep me updated.

So I was reading a lot with people saying when we go full screen the display swap from intel setting to Nvidia setting. Reinstalling driver doesn't work. Even with f.lux and deleting splendid don't work as well. On top of that Nvidia have limited setting for mobile series, meaning you can't tune color setting in nvidia driver.

That said I was hoping for some solution in the forum because I can't find one anywhere. I have game mode on window10 I will see if turning it off do any magic. ( nope doesn't nothing )

Edited by winterhooi, 13 August 2017 - 07:00 PM.

#6 Verbena

Verbena

• 1010 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:49 PM

View Postwinterhooi, on 13 August 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

So I was reading a lot with people saying when we go full screen the display swap from intel setting to Nvidia setting.

Did you check if this was your case? It is actually possible to change if an application uses the integrated GPU or dedicated GPU from control pannel or GPU options.

Laptops do this to save energy, if it keeps doing it even after switching you may wanna consider completely disabling the integrated one in BIOS. If you do please consider getting extra fans for your laptop and be plugged at all times. You can use a pc monitoring software to see the changes beforehand, there are many free ones.

Btw I wanted to address the "applications run better at full screen". While this is often true, it also depends on your hardware and the game itself. It's a bit long to explain but tl;dr on one hand some games have tons of shaders and heavy load graphics which kill performance if you go full screen (fortunately this is not the case of DN), on the other using applications in windowed your PC has to render everything in the back, when full it only renders the game and it can give Windows explorer a break. You can check help in tech boards, but usually the reccommendation is to make sure monitor and game are set to native resolution, and make sure drivers are up to date.

#7 YagamiRaito

YagamiRaito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:15 AM

the blue colour i got sometimes when reconnect to nest after dc. but when load another map or reconnect again will disappear.
and somehow i adadadadad faster in the lowest resolution on full screen than highest resolution on full screen(more noticable when time stop, frozen).

#8 Verbena

Verbena

• 1010 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

View PostYagamiRaito, on 14 August 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

and somehow i adadadadad faster in the lowest resolution on full screen than highest resolution on full screen(more noticable when time stop, frozen).

It's not happening faster or slower in the game, it's the time your hardware takes to actually display everything on screen https://en.m.wikiped.../wiki/Input_lag

Please just use native resolution to be safe