Mantou

Super Ninja Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6152 posts
  • 馒头Clan

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

news_bannerFTG.png (580×147)

Greetings, Adventurers! 

As we prepare for more content to make its way to the shores of Althea, it becomes more important than ever that the prevention of possible abuse and bug issues is enhanced. As such, our Developers from Eyedentity Games have seen fit to enforce a limitation on entering dungeons via the FTG System. 

This means that instead of having the ability to enter a dungeon even after your FTG hits 0, the FTG System will now mimic Dragon Nest Korea’s FTG System of being unable to enter any dungeons once Adventurers’ FTG reaches 0. 

Currently, this FTG System has already been implemented and is not a bug as previously speculated. We deeply apologize for not giving you, our Adventurers any advanced notice, but we will be holding more frequent FTG events to compensate for this inconvenience, so keep your eyes peeled! 

Thank you for your understanding and once again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Happy Gaming!

#2 Mantou

Mantou

Super Ninja Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 6152 posts
  • 馒头Clan

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:10 AM

Reserved.

#3 ZeroYami

ZeroYami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • ZeroYami
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

Great story, but why do we have a fatigue system again? or rather, why does the South-Korean version have it, please remove it! and what "prevention of possible bug abuse" are we speaking about here? I think many players here can agree that it's limiting their game-play. Ever tried completing the story-line (and side) quests, it's a near impossible task now that we can no longer enter dungeons without BP.

And bug abuse? If this is to be prevented, it might be a good idea to think about looking at the abuse being done in the Circus Treasure Stages.. players are doing "unlimited runs" there gaining loads of drops (dungeon points, darkness cubes (hi Genesis accessories), etc.) by re-entering the stages as long as their Memory Fragments allow them to. What kind of broken logic is going on at Eyedentity? "Let's give players the rewards for killing a boss before the scoring screen and allow them to exit as long as the "dungeon clearing bar" hasn't run out, or mobs haven't all been killed"?

I'm not sure what other abuse is being implied here, but it sounds rather like this "FTG update" is only being enforced to prevent players from farming Slayer equipment unlimited, but why? shouldn't player efforts to farm an already impossible to farm RNG part be rewarded instead? Eyedentity should realize it's demotivating and limiting game-play and reconsider their actions. Listen to the player community for once instead of forcing all these things upon them.

Edited by ZeroYami, 25 October 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#4 Maxohl

Maxohl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

I agree with ZeroYami. Whoever thought this was a good idea didn't really bother to study the real issues.

#5 Flashbaka

Flashbaka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Flashbaka / Fleshbek
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

rip rob farming

View PostZeroYami, on 25 October 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

Great story, but why do we have a fatigue system again? or rather, why does the South-Korean version have it, please remove it! and what "prevention of possible bug abuse" are we speaking about here? I think many players here can agree that it's limiting their game-play. Ever tried completing the story-line (and side) quests, it's a near impossible task now that we can no longer enter dungeons without BP.

And bug abuse? If this is to be prevented, it might be a good idea to think about looking at the abuse being done in the Circus Treasure Stages.. players are doing "unlimited runs" there gaining loads of drops (dungeon points, darkness cubes (hi Genesis accessories), etc.) by re-entering the stages as long as their Memory Fragments allow them to. What kind of broken logic is going on at Eyedentity? "Let's give players the rewards for killing a boss before the scoring screen and allow them to exit as long as the "dungeon clearing bar" hasn't run out, or mobs haven't all been killed"?

I'm not sure what other abuse is being implied here, but it sounds rather like this "FTG update" is only being enforced to prevent players from farming Slayer equipment unlimited, but why? shouldn't player efforts to farm an already impossible to farm RNG part be rewarded instead? Eyedentity should realize it's demotivating and limiting game-play and reconsider their actions. Listen to the player community for once instead of forcing all these things upon them.

You should google what happened on Korea be4 the FTG system was implemented in various games.
Adding FTG only affects rob farming, maybe you didnt realise but once u run out of BP u cannot run slayer mode so this change removes nothing from it. The only thing that players do once they have no more BP is nests, wich dont get affected and rob farming that gets "removed".
You should also say "i" instead of "we players" when most ppl dont care about this change, since this changes nothing.

Edited by Flashbaka, 25 October 2017 - 04:23 PM.

#6 MuchAshe

MuchAshe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1367 posts
  • Injector
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:00 PM

It's prevented now, can't farm unlimited Memory Fragments any more :v

#7 ZeroYami

ZeroYami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • ZeroYami
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Rurouni

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

Hm yes, great support, you guys should really consider what it is you're aiming for here. If you embrace the FTG/BP system, then by all means, continue.

View PostFlashbaka, on 25 October 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

rip rob farming

You should google what happened on Korea be4 the FTG system was implemented in various games.
Adding FTG only affects rob farming, maybe you didnt realise but once u run out of BP u cannot run slayer mode so this change removes nothing from it. The only thing that players do once they have no more BP is nests, wich dont get affected and rob farming that gets "removed".
You should also say "i" instead of "we players" when most ppl dont care about this change, since this changes nothing.

I say "we" because I speak for multiple players who have voiced the same to, or around me, but this may indeed not apply for you. If you're referring to what happened in Korea that I've linked to in the topic I linked, I've already read about it and raised points against it and find it unnecessary, in the Western versions at least.

It greatly affects RoB farming yes, but that's not the only thing it affects, it affects anything related to instances that consume BP/FTG. And once you finish running your nests, what will you do? Why limit players when they should be rewarded for their efforts instead?

They could have simply limited the Slayer Nest to tickets only, instead of tickets and BP. You're paying 180 BP + 60 BP for 3-4 Slayer points, for an RNG box or RNG drops in an RNG nest.

View PostMuchAshe, on 25 October 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

It's prevented now, can't farm unlimited Memory Fragments any more :v

The damage is already done though right? and say that to the hundreds of fragments people still have stored while gaining more daily.

#8 MuchAshe

MuchAshe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1367 posts
  • Injector
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • ProjectX

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:29 PM

View PostZeroYami, on 25 October 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

The damage is already done though right? and say that to the hundreds of fragments people still have stored while gaining more daily.

I don't really see how there was any "damage" done overall and even if some people still have hundreds of fragments stored, this will reduce the amount of new fragments being farmed, which will limit the circus farming in some way sooner or later.

Also following that logic there is no reason to fix it:
"Puerto Rico has been destroyed by a Hurricane, the damage has been done, no reason to rebuild it."
"People have used circus to farm large amount of dark cubes, the damage has been done, no reason to change the system anymore."

I know that's a very exaggerated argument, but I think it explains my issue with that statement.

It greatly affects RoB farming yes, but that's not the only thing it affects, it affects anything related to instances that consume BP/FTG. And once you finish running your nests, what will you do? Why limit players when they should be rewarded for their efforts instead?

If you really manage to complete all the content available to your character, then just go to the next one. Dragon Nest isn't supposed to be played with a single character, farming has always required multiple chars, in fact that's how most MMOs work. Since there are tradeable Slayer fragments, having multiple chars is extremely rewarding and player get rewarded for their efforts of leveling and farming on more than just one.

Also isn't the Circus thing the exact opposite issue? Players are getting rewarded for their efforts there and it's also a problem.

They could have simply limited the Slayer Nest to tickets only, instead of tickets and BP. You're paying 180 BP + 60 BP for 3-4 Slayer points, for an RNG box or RNG drops in an RNG nest.

I think it's important here that you don't have to spend the 180 BP for the ticket farming, so you are left with the 60 BP for entering the nest. You can buy fragments from other players or farm on alts instead to save BP on the character you are farming.
The loot and the box are obviously RNG, not sure what your argument is supposed to be there. For the 100% safe progression you will need to collect 100.000 Slayer points. Adding a potential RNG reward is just helpful. That's like having the chance to obtain random Genesis pieces while buying/farming cubes, it should be seen as a bonus.

Furthermore noone is actually forced to farm Slayer. Sure it is a nice stat boost for most players, no doubt about that, but Calypse gear offers the same stats and can be farmed without the use of BP, without RNG drops and without limiting you to one class. Jobchanging will be impossible for people wearing Slayer gear, without heavily downgrading their stats.
Anyone investing their BP to farm Slayer knows that they won't have BP to also farm dungeons. It's like investing gold into buying dragon jades and then realising you can't invest the same gold also into cubes.
This might once again sound like a weird argument, but I personally feel like giving players different options on how to use their resources isn't a bad thing.

#9 Flakey

Flakey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • -Flakey
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Saika

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:54 PM

The only abuse here is self-abuse.

#10 Kaiserleon

Kaiserleon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:42 AM

View PostFlashbaka, on 25 October 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

rip rob farming

I know many players unhappy with this change, so "We players" is correct  and your comment is baseless as well so would suggest you to not comment blindly from your perspective, Yami has the feedback of many players and isnt limited to a group of players like you. You have 400-800 views on an official page for DN EU, which speaks a LOT about how popular DN EU is amoing its player base is, the unnecesary changes like these are nothing compared to the real issues this game has, but well u wont comment on those, "cause you and your fellow ppl" dont care :)

#11 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1160 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:23 PM

Please allow me to step in. I can clearly see there's two different positions here, but I'm pretty certain the announcement thread is not the place for feedback and suggestions. For that purpose, let's create some thread on the feedback and suggestions section for CC to take a look at.

Right now, the problems that have been pointed out on Discord are that players are not able to fully do their daily tasks and still have enough blessing points left to do significant progress on Slayer mode (it doesn't help that one of the daily tasks is doing slayer testing zone x3). This is one of the points we could speak about on that feedback thread.

I also want to point out that we've been told that we will get events to compensate this inconvenient change, so maybe it will become less annoying to do.

Keep it civil, and have a nice day.

#12 Flashbaka

Flashbaka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Flashbaka / Fleshbek
  • DN, Desmodeus

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

View PostKaiserleon, on 26 October 2017 - 06:42 AM, said:

I know many players unhappy with this change, so "We players" is correct  and your comment is baseless as well so would suggest you to not comment blindly from your perspective, Yami has the feedback of many players and isnt limited to a group of players like you. You have 400-800 views on an official page for DN EU, which speaks a LOT about how popular DN EU is amoing its player base is, the unnecesary changes like these are nothing compared to the real issues this game has, but well u wont comment on those, "cause you and your fellow ppl" dont care :)

Maybe you don't know that most game breaking bugs got reported/experienced by "my fellow ppl" saying that "we dont care" without a basis is senseless. Eitherway, removing this FTG system will alow them to do bonus loot/exp events more often (pretty sure i see ppl from time to time complaining about no loot/exp event), which also helps ppl farming slayer nest and so on, that can be seen as an improvement. It's now up to them to actually balance the FTG system renewal with bonus exp/loot/BP events.

#13 Lincks

Lincks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:03 PM

Hi I'm Linx and I have a few questions about this BP system cuz its starting to be way to annoying.

Why do I feel like I'm punished,like I did something wrong when I run out of BP.
Why I cannot play and farm and help my friends as much as I want in my days off.Not every body got a 8 hours schedule,me for example I work 3 days and 3 days am off.It feels like somebody is joking with you like somebody is stopping you from having fun in this game.

If this system is preventing bugs and abuses well...most of us don't abuse,so please do something against those few who r abusing and don't punish a whole server for a few scams.

PS:Your method against bugs and abuses in dungeons its not GOOD!!!

#14 PaterPaisioS

PaterPaisioS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Pater_PaisioS
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Leprofessionals_2.0

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:06 PM

Just that system will be work better if they add bp potion to the npc shop ..cause i am sure they dont care about  the  unlimited farm rob .. they care about this vip cash item .. so plz  Dragon nest company do your job with clever moves !!

#15 PawHammer

PawHammer

• 1160 posts
  • PawMimi
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Dreamfarer

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:39 AM

View PostPaterPaisioS, on 27 October 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Just that system will be work better if they add bp potion to the npc shop ..cause i am sure they dont care about  the  unlimited farm rob .. they care about this vip cash item .. so plz  Dragon nest company do your job with clever moves !!
Well, since people seem to like the bp potion so much, I'm sure they will love this event: http://dragonnest.eu...nity/event/3624

Make sure to check it out! You don't even need to buy anything, just login daily for blessing point potions.

Have a great day.

#16 Alekss22

Alekss22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • AckoLegend
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Balkan/Veteran

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

Even with potions there are still limits! which make us not comfortable in game!