[Guide] Advanced Settings (NVIDIA & ATI)

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#21 FlamingTaco

FlamingTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8503 posts
  • TannedTako
  • DN, Springwood
  • Onigiri

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:29 PM

my nvidia cant find compatatible driver....heres my graphic card: Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family...(not sure about the last 3 words) i used DirectX Diagnostic Tool to found out...anyway...what kind of

Product Type:

Product Series:

Product:

Operating system:

SHOULD I CHOOSE TO DOWNLOAD!!!! T_T...i know how to set Nvidia...just need help on downloading it... help?../../../ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/sob.gif

P.S:im using a computer...my latop already has NVidia...its amazing :D...laptop has zero graphic lag when playing DN...but my comp...haiz...freakin lagPosted Image

#22 Shiba

Shiba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • Shiba
  • DN, Westwood
  • Garuda

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

Choseal, on 2011-07-26 02:40:02, said:

Just wondering, who/what's TS? -usually it stands for TeamSpeak?

If you want more guides, just name a subject and I'll see what I can do.

TS is Thread Starter.

#23 Choseal

Choseal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

Eng Wei Sheng, didn't I answer both questions on the first page?

1. You can remove the effects alltogether judging by the name of the option. (Post #13)

2. I gave you a link to a tool that will find the correct drivers for you.

And thank you Sirius.

#24 xNoRulesx

xNoRulesx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:03 PM

Eng Wei Sheng, on 2011-07-26 12:29:21, said:

my nvidia cant find compatatible driver....heres my graphic card: Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family...(not sure about the last 3 words) i used DirectX Diagnostic Tool to found out...anyway...what kind of

Product Type:

Product Series:

Product:

Operating system:

SHOULD I CHOOSE TO DOWNLOAD!!!! T_T...i know how to set Nvidia...just need help on downloading it... help?../../../ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/sob.gif

P.S:im using a computer...my latop already has NVidia...its amazing :D...laptop has zero graphic lag when playing DN...but my comp...haiz...freakin lagPosted Image

Your laptop won't lag is mainly because of the nvidia graphic card it has.

Your computer lag is mainly because you don't have a decent graphic card installed.

The 'Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family' is a built-in graphic card which is a total failure.

You will never be able to run DN smoothly with that.

Downloading and installing nvidia drivers won't help because you don't have a nvidia graphic card at all.

If you want to play DN on your computer smoothly I suggest that you go and get a decent graphic card.

Or you can just play on your laptop.

Hope this answers your question.~ :S

#25 FlamingTaco

FlamingTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8503 posts
  • TannedTako
  • DN, Springwood
  • Onigiri

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

@Choseal

wooooo this is a good program O-O...i didnt know i had some drivers i didnt update

#26 texhnolyze

texhnolyze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

hi Choseal..

i can't find HideSkillEffect 0 on my config.ini file

Posted Image

should i add the line manually? Posted Image

and, about the GraphicQuality,  what should i put in for best quality?

#27 Choseal

Choseal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

Sorry, I cant give you too much help on that guide since I cant test any of the effects at this moment.

You can however add the line manually, but don't forget the space at the start of each line.

#28 FlamingTaco

FlamingTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8503 posts
  • TannedTako
  • DN, Springwood
  • Onigiri

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

can i add only some of them? i just want to add GraphicQuality and HideSkillEffect...did u mention something about at least have to put 1?...like GraphicQuality 1   something like that?

E.g:GraphicQuality 1

HideSkillEffect 1

#29 Choseal

Choseal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

There should already be a file with alot of options, which you shouldn't delete. You should only add options in case they are not there.

And yes, if I could try out the GraphicQuality option, I would try setting the value to 1.

#30 Pancrisp

Pancrisp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1121 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

Added some more info on how to adjust in-game screen resolution and maximizing your GPU usage by toggling your power supply.

#31 Sadist

Sadist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

hideskilleffect option only work at town if i not mistaken.. meaning that when u go to dungeon with others, u can still see their skill effect and will still make u lag if u play on a low spec system..

#32 texhnolyze

texhnolyze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:08 AM

Sadist, on 2011-07-26 23:54:13, said:

hideskilleffect option only work at town if i not mistaken.. meaning that when u go to dungeon with others, u can still see their skill effect and will still make u lag if u play on a low spec system..

ah, that reminds me..

there's already an option to turn off skill effects at towns..Posted Image

#33 FlamingTaco

FlamingTaco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8503 posts
  • TannedTako
  • DN, Springwood
  • Onigiri

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

choseal...that device doctor made my driver scanner useless lol...driver scanner said 5device detected...when i open it theres nothing therePosted Imageguess ill just keep using driver scanner

#34 Choseal

Choseal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

If that happened after downloading new drivers, it's normal. It just means it was re-installing the latest drivers, causing several devices to disconnect for a small amount of time.

#35 Pancrisp

Pancrisp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1121 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

Great, its stickied

#36 chip99

chip99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:25 AM

after some testings i found this are the best settings that provide best quality/performance

this is for ATI GPUs

ofc you need a quite good grapic card for this.

i have a Radeon HD 6950 and dont have any troubles.

Posted Image

#37 chip99

chip99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:54 AM

Choseal, on 2011-07-26 03:46:01, said:

Warning: Most if not all of these settings can be changed in-game. Because I had no way of checking which of these options are editable, this guide might be useless, in which case it will be deleted. If it's not useless, I will update it one Open Beta starts.

Alright, this is my second guide on how to edit some of the not-so-hidden options Dragon Nest has to offer.

Step #1:
- Open the following file: 'C:UsersUsernameDocumentsDragonNestConfigConfig.ini' using Notepad or another text editor.

Step #2:
- Advanced user will know what to do here, in case you don't. Each line of the text file is an options affecting a certain aspect of the game. For example:
Line: 'MouseSensitivity 0.200000'
Function: Changing this value will increase or decrease the mouse sensitivity in-game.

Some things you might want to change:
' GraphicQuality 0
'
- I noticed that this option, which is probably connected to the quality of the game does not change when setting the game to High Quality. This could be the reason users think the game looks ugly even at high quality.

'  HideSkillEffect 0'
- This option will probably hide any skill's visual effect when set to 1.

Note: You will need common sense when changing the values of the options. For example, the following change might cause problems:
'MouseSensitivity 0.200000'
To:
'MouseSensitivity 18943250.0'.
A sensible change would be:
'MouseSensitivity 1.000000'

' GraphicQuality 0' = high graphic quality

you can check self in game. change it to 2 and the ingame settings will say graphics are at low

0=high 1=middle 2=low

so just leave it at 0 for best graphics.

#38 judeong

judeong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

Hi Anybody has Idea of solving Graphical Lag for ATI Mob Radeon HD 5650? Apparently users using this Drive has serious Jerky Animations in game : (

#39 DJ_FlutterXiee

DJ_FlutterXiee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:04 AM

Very interesting topic. I'll defintiely try these with my other games as well.

#40 dankelly

dankelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:25 AM

I had a little issue with my graphics, I don't know if it is because of my graphic card or because of the installer because I already reinstalled it. BTW my graphic card is just a built in 'mobile intel® 965 express chipset family'

here's the screenshot of what I'm calling problems:

Screenshots:

http://a1.sphotos.ak...7_6815221_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak...8_7636408_n.jpg