[Beware] of Fake Gardener or Cherry Credits staff account requesting for your personal information

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 Tonkatsu

Tonkatsu

• 460 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

Hi to everyone out there!
I've noticed that some users are being contacted by a fake gardener account via e-mail accusing you of an offence you have not made in an email like this below.
Posted Image
Please bewary of such emails sent to your account and do not reply to it. Should your DragonNest SEA account be locked, banned or inaccessible, please contact the Cherry Messenger directly at https://exchange.che...essagelist.aspx or send an email directly to gardener@cherrycredits.com.

Important note: Cherry Credits will never attempt to contact a player requesting his/her personal/account information directly.

Avoid sharing your login IDs and email adresses publicly to strangers (peace)

#2 humusz

humusz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

Gardener asking Personal info is Ridiculus, they can look at it freely isn it lol

#3 TofuBoy

TofuBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Xyno
  • Phantom

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

Absolutely right brah, its some serious stupidity at its maximum. And for players who got cheated this way are equally dumb. *facepalm*

#4 Surprised

Surprised

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1016 posts
  • Condom
  • Godly

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

TheStalker, on 2011-12-12 17:47:46, said:

Absolutely right brah, its some serious stupidity at its maximum. And for players who got cheated this way are equally dumb. *facepalm*

Do not like.

How are we supposed to know that they would not ask for details even though they do not need to ask for it at all?

People would believe this, simply because Cherry credits does not have a secure protection for the people who've linked their Facebook through this portal, so other can easily track it.
The letter also looks quite believeable and might as well add offical, therefore I don't seem to understand how you even could say that bolded part in your post.

I'd call you a piece of shat, even lower than these rotting sewer rats that are living beneath all the crap in this one country where the people don't  have houses but do have Facebook for looking down on any person who gets tricked by this.

#5 Raestloz

Raestloz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • lllMomo, CrixNevada
  • DN, Desmodeus
  • Mythslayer

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

So, now instead of pursuing the cheaters we just blame the victims? smile

Oh, I DO hope you get a serious problem IRL and people just laugh and point at you smile

Maybe then you can go and edit this post of yours smile

#6 karie291

karie291

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

Surprised, on 2011-12-12 17:54:27, said:

Do not like.

How are we supposed to know that they would not ask for details even though they do not need to ask for it at all?

People would believe this, simply because Cherry credits does not have a secure protection for the people who've linked their Facebook through this portal, so other can easily track it.
The letter also looks quite believeable and might as well add offical, therefore I don't seem to understand how you even could say that bolded part in your post.

I'd call you a piece of shat, even lower than these rotting sewer rats that are living beneath all the crap in this one country where the people don't  have houses but do have Facebook for looking down on any person who gets tricked by this.

There's one thing why I do not agree with you. It looks believable? The English in the aforementioned letter CC shown us is an perfect example of broken English. PFT! Official companies will never use broken English to write letters. You know it. Only idiots who attempt to scam with this kind of English are stupid. It just so happens why people get scammed this way. They do not know how it's done like you say. That's how they get scammed even with the broken English.

#7 xJudasx

xJudasx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

karie291, on 2011-12-13 08:53:19, said:

Do not like.

I'd call you a piece of shat, even lower than these rotting sewer rats that are living beneath all the crap in this one country where the people don't  have houses but do have Facebook for looking down on any person who gets tricked by this.
There's one thing why I do not agree with you. It looks believable? The English in the aforementioned letter CC shown us is an perfect example of broken English. PFT! Official companies will never use broken English to write letters. You know it. Only idiots who attempt to scam with this kind of English are stupid. It just so happens why people get scammed this way. They do not know how it's done like you say. That's how they get scammed even with the broken English.
Err dude.. It's supposed to be 'A perfect example', NOT 'AN perfect example'. Really should have double checked your sentences before criticising.

#8 Kanluran

Kanluran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4659 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

this reminds me fo Nhikxter's sig.

#9 Llongy

Llongy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1128 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

'pls answer the followin...'

What the fuck, are you people really that retarded. There's a Cherry messenger, Gardener wouldn't contact you through mail.

#10 NDReal

NDReal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:58 AM

The word 'pls' gives everything away for the oblivious.

#11 seluna

seluna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

Anytime somebody or some email asks for any of the following:

1) password

2) 2nd password

3) security PIN

4) secret question

5) secret answer

It's an attempt to get your info to hack your account. It's that easy to tell.

#12 karie291

karie291

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:35 PM

xJudasx, on 2011-12-13 10:14:32, said:

Do not like.

Err dude.. It's supposed to be 'A perfect example', NOT 'AN perfect example'. Really should have double checked your sentences before criticising.

Are we having an English lesson here? pout I admit I don't have perfect English but I make mistakes. I'm not superhuman. Is your English the best then?

#13 Schaapje

Schaapje

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

People that actually fall for this, old and stupid trick, deserve it. Apparently they don't read either since it's full of grammatical mistakes nor should it be a known fact by now to not even give your password to your friends, let alone a stranger on the internet.

#14 cleave1ce

cleave1ce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Dav1d
  • DN, Greenwood
  • L-U-X-U-R-Y ~

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

Is it me or has anyone noticed the text in the shown e-mail look crappy? It's as if cut out manually line by line and pasted with some foldings >.<

The pple above r right tho. We do not know whether it is Cherry contacting us. But giving info like this is not official looking i can say. What's DOB has anything to do with gaming? (unless they want to subject players under law that is) ..

#15 humusz

humusz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

Posted Image
so many Grammar NAZI (oo;)

#16 LieutenantTemjin

LieutenantTemjin

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1812 posts
  • Xetagonist
  • DN, Holywood
  • Ambition

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:53 AM

karie291, on 2011-12-13 12:35:23, said:

xJudasx, on 2011-12-13 10:14:32, said:

Do not like.

Are we having an English lesson here? pout I admit I don't have perfect English but I make mistakes. I'm not superhuman. Is your English the best then?

Funny. If you're going to criticize one's usage of the English Language, at least brush up on yours first.

And no, don't start yapping about that 'OHHH I'M NOT PERFECT IN ENGLISH SO SHUT UP' excuse. That mistake was so obvious, even AN Average Joe would detect the flaw.

Smart-ass.

#17 xdeathcrushx

xdeathcrushx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

LOL if they fall for this kind of lame scam then they deserve to get hacked. cool

#18 karie291

karie291

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

[quote name='LieutenantTemjin' date='2011-12-16 05:53:20']

[quote name='karie291' date='2011-12-13 12:35:23']

[quote name='xJudasx' date='2011-12-13 10:14:32']

[quote name='karie291' date='2011-12-13 08:53:19']

[quote name='Surprised' date='2011-12-12 17:54:27']

[quote name='TheStalker' date='2011-12-12 17:47:46']

[/quote]

Do not like.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Funny. If you're going to criticize one's usage of the English Language, at least brush up on yours first.

And no, don't start yapping about that 'OHHH I'M NOT PERFECT IN ENGLISH SO SHUT UP' excuse. That mistake was so obvious, even AN Average Joe would detect the flaw.

Smart-ass.

[/quote]

Where did I criticize his use of English? I have never done that at all. If you were referring to the post where I gave that question, then no. How did I critcize his use of English? Did I even correct him at all? Instead, I was rather offended that he is nitpicking on my English and it's not even related to the topic. Furthermore, where did it say in the rules that you ought to have perfect English to post here? Other people post in this forum with broken English, you never bother to correct them but you rather correct mine because I'm a English wannabe? Hypocrite. Not everyone has to post with good English that is 'good' by your standards. Plus, this is the internet. I am free to post what I want and whatever mistakes I make is mine. So what if your English is good on the internet? Your attitude doesn't justify your English. There are more people who have 'better' English than yours, please don't tell me you nitpick on those who happen to have 'crappy' English than yours or that my attitude that made you react that way. Mature forumers definitely do not flame bait but will reply in a calm manner. Your post shows that you were immature and clearly not reading the situation.

Basically, you're just saying this in my face. 'Your English sucks. Mine is more superior. Now go brush up on it.' Now who has the crappy attitude, you or me?

#19 LieutenantTemjin

LieutenantTemjin

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1812 posts
  • Xetagonist
  • DN, Holywood
  • Ambition

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:52 AM

Good job proving yourself to be just another retard, retard.

The English in the aforementioned letter CC shown us is an perfect example of broken English. PFT! Official companies will never use broken English to write letters. You know it. Only idiots who attempt to scam with this kind of English are stupid. It just so happens why people get scammed this way. They do not know how it's done like you say. That's how they get scammed even with the broken English.

Then what is this sh*t?

Don't tell me you're not criticizing the wrong usage of the English Language in your first post. It's so obvious you've started the topic about speaking Good English in the first place. Despite that, you aren't really better than anyone else when you made that dumb mistake.

And no, you're the one who needs an attitude check. Someone points it out for you, and look at you bashing him for it. The error is evident in your post, yet you're fabricating excuses for your incompetency. You brought in the attitude factor when you start b*tching about it, not me. Of course, if you want to start a fight for blame, fine by me, because you're going to further prove yourself that you have that lack of comprehenshion to even understand the gravity of the situation.

I don't go around correcting people on their usage of the English Language because it isn't a necessity to be proficient in it, as you've already mentioned. You, on the other hand, should realize that when you start a discussion on something sensitive, especially the English Language, you ought to be mindful of what you're typing, because one mistake might make your whole post seem like a complete joke.

And please, I'm not asking for perfect English. Most of the things you mentioned are exaggerated versions of what I'm trying to imply here. Look who's being immature here, kid.

#20 docang185

docang185

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

aaaaaaaaaaahkkkkkkkk~~mad

he got me....
My Cherry Account got blocked..

can someone tell me what to do now...