[Beware] of Fake Gardener or Cherry Credits staff account requesting for your personal information

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 Eruuwin

Eruuwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Eruuwin, Shimoeda
  • DN, Springwood
  • Aminosity (Nirvana)

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:34 AM

Hacking now is more like a job rather than a crime nowadays. :< Hope they'd just stop it already. At least, I believe that nobody fell for such underhanded tricks like those. I had one of those bogus mails and the messages but well... it's just common sense. They (the CC Gardeners) have our personal information (that includes everything, I mean everything - passwords, usernames and the like) so if they really wanted our information, it's already there - practically right in their noses. They wouldn't even bother asking us for it since we already gave them the information once we started playing. So why they would need it from us then again?

And then the question is answered.

Posted Image

#102 gennosuke16

gennosuke16

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • <unidentified>
  • DN, Holywood
  • Haphazard/Knaves

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

REMEMBER SCAMMER ALWAYS ASK YOUR ACCOUNT!! (mad)
PLAY SAFE EVERYONE  (:])    

#103 KotoriLover

KotoriLover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • VirtueBand

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Scammers are good talkers... they are willing to help you and may be your friends in months so that they could gain your trust... In the end they will ask for you account and hack you... they are everywhere so don't trust anyone except those you know in real life...

#104 Poffer

Poffer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

Thank you! ^^

#105 arthlou

arthlou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

sir how can i submit ticket i forgot my email address

#106 Elcine

Elcine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
  • DN, Greenwood

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:39 PM

bump (:D)

#107 ReddeR

ReddeR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:58 PM

A representative from Cherry Messenger (As he/she said) said that I should show them my birth certificate/student pass/passport/driver's licence. Is this a scam or nah?

#108 Luxtroll

Luxtroll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts
  • Xero
  • DN, Springwood
  • Soloist Expert

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

ReddeR, on 23 September 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

A representative from Cherry Messenger (As he/she said) said that I should show them my birth certificate/student pass/passport/driver's licence. Is this a scam or nah?
Pretty much self explanatory. You have to realize that your birth certificate alone is your personal and private identification.

It's like this, why give candy to a kid begging for it when the kid already has a lot of candies inside the box? Don't show anything. I guarantee you its a scam.

#109 Joluuzz

Joluuzz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12372 posts
  • -Banned-
  • DN, Westwood
  • [Anderson Member]

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

ReddeR, on 23 September 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

Was it via CC messenger, email or ingame?

If it was in-game or email, ignore it. Most likely it is a scam. if it is via CC messenger (Cherry Gardener) you can.

#110 DragonRideR

DragonRideR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 05:02 AM

They asks for passport info when i try to register at cherry credits site. which is really weird.  but i assume its to make sure noone can steal the accont from you.  so if u forgets ur id and pass you can then tell them your passport info and they send you the log in ID again.

#111 Loreatus

Loreatus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:11 PM

View PostDragonRideR, on 27 May 2016 - 05:02 AM, said:

They asks for passport info when i try to register at cherry credits site. which is really weird.  but i assume its to make sure noone can steal the accont from you.  so if u forgets ur id and pass you can then tell them your passport info and they send you the log in ID again.
True, but I saw an option of giving student ID instead. I find that less dangerous and compromising so I picked that one. XD

#112 tzening

tzening

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:56 PM

I logged in after a long time and was banned. After they lifted it, I went through 2 disconnects and I was REBANNED. When I told CC about it through the messenger, it got this reply:

Dear Player,

We regret to inform you that your game account was being system banned due to inactive for long time.

Identity verification is required for the release of your account. Please provide us with:

- Scanned front and back copy of your Identification Document (e.g. NRIC, Birth Certificate, Driving License, Passport or any document that uniquely identifies you in your country)

If you do not own a scanner, camera shots are accepted; the details on the document must be clearly seen to aid in our verification process.

Do note that all the document must be taken in front of your desktop screen with the date/time stamp shown clearly. Request without the mentioned info will not be process due to security purposes.

We also suggest that you visit:

https://exchange.che...es/degames.aspx to change your login ID and/or password for your Dragon Nest account.

Also avoid visiting websites that promise you free Gold/items/equips and asks for your account information.

--
Yours sincerely,

Cherry Credits Gardener
Customer Service Department, Cherry Credits Pte Ltd
http://www.cherrycredits.com

Keep your account safe. Cherry Credits will never ask for your personal login information!

Is this real or fake? Why are they asking for your personal particulars anyway?

#113 vonRadiaL

vonRadiaL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:51 PM

Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting Cherry Credits. We have temporarily suspended your Dragon Nest account to avoid further compromise. To ensure that the request is made by the account owner, we will require you to provide us with:

- Scanned front and back copy of your Identification Document (e.g. NRIC, Birth Certificate, Driving License, Passport or any document that uniquely identifies you in your country)

If you do not own a scanner, camera shots are accepted; the details on the document must be clearly seen to aid in our verification process.

Please include your Cherry Account's email address (prior to the compromise) and first created IGN (Dragon Nest character name) in the reply. We will proceed to assist once verification is complete.

--
Yours sincerely,

Cherry Credits Gardener
Customer Service Department, Cherry Credits Pte Ltd
http://www.cherrycredits.com

Keep your account safe. Cherry Credits will never ask for your personal login information!

Is this legit? Coz I submitted a reply and now asks for my Identity number. Its from CC messenger btw.