TALK of most smasher : 9 tail laser???good or not

T4 patch and items to use(updated)

well lets get started (star)

Hybrid builds advantages
  • more skill to spam
  • more mob control
  • more cool skill to use
  • flich(is this how u spell) the boss with gravity ascension
  • people like you more(good going skill spammer)
  • better performance in pvp???
  • lower dependance of equipment (good for noobs like you and me)
  • 2 ultimates(1 for boss, 1 for mobs clearing)

hybrid builds disadvantages
  • skill point madness (thinking where to put skill point took me weeks after reading guides and playing)
  • some skill not able to put(the limit was there....... haiz
  • lower damage compared to pure laser(as dark skill has high cooldown time, this bring down the dps that is being deal out)

Pure laser build advantages
  • high dps (if you are able to aim well with skills)
  • excessive skill points to spend on
  • build less complicated(thus easy life)
Pure laser build disadvantages
  • rely on equipments you use very very badly (>>>9 tail laser <<<<)
  • low/no mob control (either mobs die badly or you die badly)
  • people don't like you( i was call a noob for not having black hole, so i reseted my skill)
  • less flashy (dun worry, laser is flashy)
  • COMPLETE SKILL COOLDOWN (if you were to spam all you skill at once, there will be a 2-5 sec timing where your skill is all on cooldown)

what we are concern on at this point of time is onli our force user skill so screenshot will only be on force user tier skills and nothing else
pure lazer smasher build lvl 40
Posted Image
As you can see, pure lazer has pretty much too much sp to spend on
9 tail laser is a much if you are going pure
you can also max your beyond time since you have so much sp

Hybrid smasher buil lvl 40
Posted Image
Hybrid build is just about unlocking gravity ascension(i will talk about 2nd ultimate later)
at this point of time we should have trouble putting our skill point but this is the best for now(fear not)

LETS GO TO LVL 50 BUILD but......
ATTENTION TO ALL, ATTENTION ALL, free skill reset at lvl 45!!! (go and try your own build before 45)
FREE 10 sp for all who reach lvl 40 and  50!!!!(woots total of 20 sp)
Free ultimate when you reach lvl 50(???? whats this??)

about dualing ultimate........
according to source on dnsource, there will be some changes to ultimate, so i will just ctrl+v the whole post the guy (Infi) wrote
UPDATED 12/13/11. Read number 7.

I've had a lot of guild friends ask me about the dual-ultimate system, and even though a lot of you know everything about it I thought I'd make a thread clarifying some things about it for my guildmates and anyone else wondering about how it works.

1) You get an extra 10 SP at level 50, for 20 SP total. They did this so you didn't have to change your build around in order to get the second ultimate if you wanted it. You also gain an extra 10 SP at level 40 for those who didn't know (even without the dual ultimate system you still get 20 SP at 40).

2) The SP limit for the 1st and 2nd job trees was increased. The 1st tree was increased from 312 to 318 and the 2nd tree was increased from 312 to 328 (most significant).

3) DNArmory is not a duo-ultimate builder. Reason is because it's only updated for pre-duo ulti patches. If you want to make a build with all of the changes, please use Duowan's simulator. Note that the Duowan simulator doesn't let you put a point into the second ultimate (something about algorithm problems), so make sure you save 10 SP and have enough room in the tree to learn it if you're getting both.

4) You do NOT have to learn the pre-req skills for the second ultimate. If you learn Blizzard, you can learn Volcanic Vortex without having to have level 3 Hot Rod, but you still have to learn the pre-req skills for Blizzard and vice versa. Just think of it this way: the only pre-req for the second ultimate is the first ultimate.

5) Both ultimates share a cooldown. So you cannot use one ultimate right after using the other.

6) Both ultimates share the lowest cooldown of the two. For example, Nature's Rage (Acrobat) has a 120 second cooldown and Quake Barrage has a 90 second cooldown. If you learn both ultimates, both Nature's Rage and Quake Barrage would share a 90 second cooldown.

7) A cooldown plate for the first ultimate does NOT affect the second ultimate. For example, say you're an Inquisitor and you learn Heavenly Judgement first, then learn Miracle Relic second. If you buy the cooldown plate for Judgement, the Miracle Relic cooldown will not be affected by it. So in other words, the two ultimates only share the lowest BASE cooldown.

I think that covers everything. Any more questions you can simply just ask me.

Last edited by Infi;(please go find him at dragon nest source fourm for any question)

will dual ultimate in mind lets move to lvl 50 build

lvl 50 pure lazer build
Posted Image

yup changed the skill simuluator and stuff
nothing much worth talking about
max laser and laser and laser
10 point remain for 2nd ulti

lvl 50 hybrid lazer build

Posted Image
this hybrid has many types of build depending on your needs
i choose lvl 5 on stone to increase the size
you can also change the skill points to 9 tail lazer and time stop and whatever you like(well you are playing your own style this is just a guide)

9 tailed lazer??? good or not???
answer: depends on your equipment(items + heldarys + cash + title and whatsoever)
i have read many guides in regards about  9 tail laser around the world( i can read english, japanese and chinese)
however 9 tail laser primary works as a amouring breaking skill
in terms of damage........ roughly all heldarys and eq with +crit and cost roughly 20k+ gold on china server in total to bring out the full potential
however its skill a good skill to spam while in beyond time due to low casting time compared to others

in my builds i will try my best to max the skill

T4 and stuff:
   1)most commonly talk subject is using dark element smasher

-all skills in fu's skill build becomes dark element
  -requires to use old dark manticore equipment(not now, but in the future
  -main dps comes from crit, dark element % , and final damage
  -half sugar did a good job making the vid below
  http://youtu.be/BK1VJZbRUiA

2) skills point revamp

- if u have been following guides all over the world, t4 did alot of changes to skills and stuff, and skills distribution have all been changed.
- my build above became quite OLD and stuff yea,(i gt pinned and i didnt even know)
-pls use my above build for the moment , and yea when 3rd job is out u can reset
    - 9 tail is still crap, pls dun put it, even after t4 its still quite bad(hope at lvl 60 patch they can make it a bit better)
-linear ray gt buffed and charged time decreased, sooo yea

3)nesting

- SORRY I QUITTED THE GAME FOR ALMOST HALF A YEAR, SO I DONT KNOW(my bad)

in conclusion
you have spent a few minutes of your life looking at my bad english
for that i thank you
but make your own build as my builds here merely serve as a guide line to all who is look at this
and LASTLY
Posted Image
enjoy !!

Edited by Hodora, 10 August 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#2 Hodora

Hodora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

reserved for updates

#3 Hodora

Hodora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:24 PM

reserved for upfates

#4 Ayanyan

Ayanyan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

'Pure laser build disadvantages

• less flashy (dun worry, laser is flashy)'

what is this i don't even

/me sees carnival phantasm

#5 Sakasen

Sakasen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Sakasen
  • AS, OBT

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:08 AM

Seeing maxing linear Ray means you get the ex skill, right? too bad - better upgrade gravity blast since it has a higher dps.

quote from pokekai from mmosite:

I'm sorry, but I don't know you know what you are talking about. Linear Ray EX has horrible damage. Not only that, you have to charge it (stationary) which makes you very vulnerable of being attacked. I also don't think you can blink out of it. Furthermore, the range of Linear Ray EX is very narrow and short.

This build is what 90% of smashers would do after trying linear ray ex.

#6 Hodora

Hodora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

that is why people recommand slow ... to stop the mob from coming too fast for linear ray ex to charge
but workable or not i am not sure

but linear is a skill that depends on your eq
as it is 100% magical damage with no extra magic damage

#7 Ayanyan

Ayanyan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

Given the same set of equipments, Gravity Blast deals more damage.

#8 Seiggy

Seiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts
  • Airyx , Henriett
  • DN, Westwood
  • Athens, Insignia

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:11 AM

Sakasen, on 2011-12-16 00:08:08, said:

Seeing maxing linear Ray means you get the ex skill, right? too bad - better upgrade gravity blast since it has a higher dps.

I'm sorry, but I don't know you know what you are talking about. Linear Ray EX has horrible damage. Not only that, you have to charge it (stationary) which makes you very vulnerable of being attacked. I also don't think you can blink out of it. Furthermore, the range of Linear Ray EX is very narrow and short.

It was just his opinion and shouldn't really be taken as a fact.

Giving up on laser skills and focusing much on dark tree? Shouldn't you have gone majesty instead?

#9 Sakasen

Sakasen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Sakasen
  • AS, OBT

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:41 AM

Seiggy, on 2011-12-16 02:11:05, said:

Giving up on laser skills and focusing much on dark tree? Shouldn't you have gone majesty instead?

Giving up to level Linear Ray and Ninetail doesnt mean to giving up Smasher - fact is that Gravity Blast and Triple Orbs deal more Damage  than the named skills even with 0% Darkattk. In addition i got another nice quote, why you shouldnt get the ex skill:

(for Reference http://forum.mmosite...p4e7427fd2de5b8)

You're just following blindly what others do then. I bet you are one of those who just stands and takes in damage and dies in the end.

Linear Ray EX take a while to charge and the after cast animation is just too long.

Imagine SD Straight breath is coming. And you are still in Linear Ray EX charge. Good luck to you.

#10 DangoAniki

DangoAniki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • Galing Saint
  • DN, Holywood
  • Lolicons

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

Very nice guide, Kona.. err.. Hodora..

Thank you very much. upsmile

#11 judasmartel

judasmartel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1500 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:32 AM

@Sakasen So GT/Slow doesn't work on bosses, right?

#12 Seiggy

Seiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts
  • Airyx , Henriett
  • DN, Westwood
  • Athens, Insignia

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

Sakasen, on 2011-12-16 03:41:29, said:

Seiggy, on 2011-12-16 02:11:05, said:

Giving up to level Linear Ray and Ninetail doesnt mean to giving up Smasher - fact is that Gravity Blast and Triple Orbs deal more Damage  than the named skills even with 0% Darkattk. In addition i got another nice quote, why you shouldnt get the ex skill:

(for Reference http://forum.mmosite...p4e7427fd2de5b8)

You're just following blindly what others do then. I bet you are one of those who just stands and takes in damage and dies in the end.

Linear Ray EX take a while to charge and the after cast animation is just too long.

Imagine SD Straight breath is coming. And you are still in Linear Ray EX charge. Good luck to you.

I've read that guide before and in I really didn't like it. It's like a smasher trying to fit in to a role which isn't really for her. But that's justmy opinion.

Also about using linear ray EX, no one would actually cast it if they know that the enemy's attack is coming. It's just like BM skills. Arrow Shower for example makes you immobile while casting it. A smart BM would only cast AS whenever there is a good opportunity and would not spam it whenever the skill is on cooldown. That goes the same for Linear ray EX. 

@judas

Some boss monsters are affected but definetely not those nest bosses.

#13 Hodora

Hodora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

Firstly nest boss are not affected by time stop and slow(but cleric's lightning can flich it)

a few pointers for using linear ray ex in SOLO nest

1. waiting for boss to attack(usually boss attack will have loopholes that you can attack, eg cerb)
  2. use force mirror (even though it is not as good as before,it still can block skill from boss)
  3. HOP ONTO THE BOSSSSSSSSS(nest boss like monti is possible to jump on top of them and attack)

if you believe that gravity ball and triple orbs deal most dps
WHY NOT BE A MAJESTY???(get ex and +dark att % eq)

The thing about smasher is that the skills are ELEMENTLESS and we are all force to buy +5.8% magic attack and crit

but triple orbs really deal alot of damage............( i cannot deny that)

#14 Hodora

Hodora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

BUT personally i will use hybrid build until lvl 45 then i will switch to pure laser for more dmg at lvl 50

#15 Hodora

Hodora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

fus do rah
push the post up!!!

#16 Hodora

Hodora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

lolololololol

#17 lionmon

lionmon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

nice guide up

#18 ryouji85

ryouji85

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

if i not wrong,t4 update kinda reduce time for linear ray ex charging time.
try watch this video
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BK1VJZbRUiA

#19 Hodora

Hodora

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

any1 need post t4  build now??
if any1 needs hybrid or pure i will try find/make/create/give bith to it

skills point systems all changed

#20 Kissaki

Kissaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts
  • iKissa
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Pharaoh

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:49 AM

AFAIK, Your lv 50 builds won't let you take the 2nd ulti. 321/328 for pure lazor and 320/328 for hybrid while ulti needs 10 SP. So u will need 318/328 on FU's tree + 10 extra SP to take 2nd ulti.

Edited by Kissaki, 13 August 2012 - 04:52 AM.