Malygris's Garrison For Bad-Ass Battle Priests And Inquisitors!

• Please log in to reply
7828 replies to this topic

#1521 Malygris

Malygris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8157 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Holywood
  • Happiness is temporary, suffering is eternal!!!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

here's what i used:

http://dn.duowan.com...inquisitor.html

note that you need around 45 skill pts used up in cleric skill tree to unlock all priest skills. (:])

i followed Vaahneon's guide about T4 when it comes to skill distribution, so my offense skills are at level 6 or 11 for optimal damage.

#1522 Malygris

Malygris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8157 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

here's my planned skill build:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rationale:

Before anything else, please refer to Vaahneon's Guide to T4and T4 Priest Skill Revamp.

As Vaahneon notes:

Skill damage will be adjusted. Higher level skill gives very significant damage growth. (tested and asked from others, skill level 6, 11 and 16 gives a bigger boost to damage than the other levels)

I adapted his observation into my skill build, so my primary offense skills are either at level 6 or 11. It would be fun if I could bring one to level 16 (like Charged Bolt!) but it would consume too many precious skill pts that could be allocated to secondary skills which are also important.

So yeah, this is just my personal build, feel free to follow it or base your own build around it, but it's quite theoretical, as I have yet to implement it in the game. There, you've been warned! (:D)

Cleric Skills:

1. Charged Bolt level 11. It's one of the best offense skills we have especially for large or disabled enemies. With T4 this skill's cooldown will be reduced to just 10 seconds! that's as fast as Lightning Relic currently is. It's a highly spammable, highly damaging skill. Quite difficult to use in PvP, though.

2. Block level 3. Block is good if your opponent is about to hit you with some nasty attack. I'd like to think i'm elite enough to be able to dodge effectively, but sometimes evasion is just not possible, so Block is what I use.

3. Max MP, MP Recovery level 0. A risky move. But I feel that the White Fox Tail and a Priest's natural Int and Mana is sufficient to cover the lack of these 2 skills. Also, weapons and accessories can have MP recovery potential, so sacrificing these 2 skills might be okay.

4. Heal level 8. It's always handy to have Heal in case of emergencies. Also, it's expected that a cleric would have Heal, and I don't want to endanger the whole party by not getting it.

Priest Skills

1. Lightning Bolt level 11. We'll get a Lightning Bolt EX so i suppose it's good to have LB at high level. Note that you can get LB EX even if LB is at level 6 only.

2. Chain Lightning level 11. Vaahneon observes that CL got a good damage boost in T4 and reduced cooldown so I feel like leveling this skill high. Also, He notes that this has considerably high chance of electrocuting enemies, so it's great as set up to Detonate and Shock Transition.

3. Detonate, Graaaaaaannnnd Cross and Holy Burst level 6. Skills to use depending on the situation. Electrocuted enemies? Detonate them. Surrounded by mods? Holy Burst. And of course I won't leave behind my favorite skill Graaaaaaannnnd Cross!

4. Heal Relic level 8. Again, it's expected of a priest and pretty handy for survival, so I put some points here,

5. Heavenly Judgement and Miracle Relic. Dual ulti skills so that I can choose to either support or lay waste to enemies.

6. Wand Mastery level 0. Vaahneon said that WM only adds damage to regular wand attacks (as in left clicking). Useless to priests unless you wanna use your wand in regular attacks.

Okay, i think I have explained myself enough. Please post your skill builds here and your own observation when (or if!) T4 skill changes arrive on August 28.

#1523 Malygris

Malygris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8157 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

btw, just for fun, take the dungeons and dragons alignment quiz!

click here!

here's what i got:

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral Good.

Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

i answered as honestly as i can. i thought it'd end up as lawful neutral but then i got this. so i am good inside after all. (:D)

Edited by Malygris, 24 August 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#1524 lagraser

lagraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3567 posts
  • Diavolo, xDiavolox
  • DN, Westwood
  • SternRiter / Existalsis

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

Question...in the calculator

Is dual ulti considered there or dual ulti's free SP to learn other ulti included in the skill points distribution?

My planned build

Posted Image

I'm not sure if I can get MR w/o using SP on the calculator...Can't we just get MR through extra SP from dual ulti? If getting MR will be free and no need to use the SP for priest, then I'll have extra 3 SP, gonna use it either to increase cure relic level or get vengeance blast

This is PVE and PVP build btw

bind relic vs holy bolt...which is better?

Still deciding whether I reduce protection shell buff to lvl 2 and use those SP on other skill or make it lvl 4 to compensate for having no passive toughness...I was thinking, in T4...physical builds got big boost and it will be a problem in PVP if I got no toughness...specially that I play in comp off mode

Really hard mixing PVE and PVP build (sorry) ...would have been able to create a very good build if I focus to PVE or PVP alone...sigh

Edited by lagraser, 24 August 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#1525 Malygris

Malygris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8157 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

i don't know with that calculator, but with the one i used, i think the free SPs from dual ulti is already taken into account.

regarding your build, i think we have almost the same build except that you took bind relic. anyway, i think using both is better than just relying on one if you're really into pvp. holy bolt is difficult to cast because of slow cast time, low SA and indeterminable range but has low cooldown. bind relic on the other hand has a longer cooldown but can potentially trap enemies longer however enemies can run away from it.

so in my opinion only, if light pvp, go holy bolt, if hardcore pvp then get both. it takes little SP nowadays anyway. (:])

#1526 lagraser

lagraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3567 posts
  • Diavolo, xDiavolox
  • DN, Westwood
  • SternRiter / Existalsis

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

I can't take both haha...I'll surely lose some SP on my offensive skills or heal skills...

I'm like 70% PVE and 30% PVP...i love holy bolt because it does many things in PVP, trap those who are chasing me, bind those casting SS (:D)  and don't need to go close to them. It's just that, they reduced the duration to 1 sec bind which I think is not enough...well, I'm still deciding which from two I'll get...on a side note, bind relic is good for Crowd control on nests haha

#1527 Malygris

Malygris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8157 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

View Postlagraser, on 24 August 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

I can't take both haha...I'll surely lose some SP on my offensive skills or heal skills...

I'm like 70% PVE and 30% PVP...i love holy bolt because it does many things in PVP, trap those who are chasing me, bind those casting SS and=
well, we're going to have to test those skills ourselves. (:])

#1528 kirinfang

kirinfang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3165 posts
  • Fangless
  • DN, Greenwood
  • League of Legaia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

(tense) Maly why do you have divine combo? (oo)

Dont think I'm gonna max detonate (oo;) Hmm prolly charge bolt holy burst lightning bolt , all buff and both heals.

I hate when chain lightning dont bounce to the bad guys I wanna kill (no)

#1529 LieutenantTemjin

LieutenantTemjin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1542 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Postkirinfang, on 24 August 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

Dont think I'm gonna max detonate (oo;) Hmm prolly charge bolt holy burst lightning bolt , all buff and both heals.

When T4 comes, Clerics will start with Divine Combo

#1530 truedistance

truedistance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3218 posts
  • Bloomchild
  • DN, Greenwood
  • LuxAeterna

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

Is it a good trade-off to take one level off from Heal Relic, Protection Shell and Blessing of Light to get Bind Relic?

#1531 kirinfang

kirinfang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3165 posts
  • Fangless
  • DN, Greenwood
  • League of Legaia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

if you do pvp like a lot its fine imo :/

divine combo is melee and its physical .____.

#1532 Yuinoji

Yuinoji

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2563 posts
  • Yuinoji
  • AS, OBT
  • ♥FapFapFapFap♥

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

View Postkirinfang, on 24 August 2012 - 06:23 PM, said:

if you do pvp like a lot its fine imo :/

divine combo is melee and its physical .____.
hey, I didnt take that skill, and if T4 i get that skill for free, I need a few times to adapt it, uuuhmm maybe a long time, hehe (sorry)
btw, you lose Kirin (:D) (:D)

#1533 jasonnck

jasonnck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Sir Malygris, can u pls help me out a little? im a priest going to FULL DPS inqui. can u pls tell me which stats should i put priority in first and whats next?
magic attk, int, light attck, critical and hp.
can u pls list them down in order( most important to least important) ? thx in advance~

#1534 Malygris

Malygris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8157 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

View Postkirinfang, on 24 August 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

it's gonna be a free cleric skill at T4. (:D) woohoo what an imba skill!

well possible trade off of CL's high damage is random targeting, but i believe i targets those closest to the player then jumps to the next.

View Posttruedistance, on 24 August 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

Is it a good trade-off to take one level off from Heal Relic, Protection Shell and Blessing of Light to get Bind Relic?
only if you do a lot of PvP, i think. never had to use it in dungeons. of course, level 50 cap could be different but i'll test my build that's without binding relic then report back here. (:])

View Postjasonnck, on 24 August 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Sir Malygris, can u pls help me out a little? im a priest going to FULL DPS inqui. can u pls tell me which stats should i put priority in first and whats next?
magic attk, int, light attck, critical and hp.
can u pls list them down in order( most important to least important) ? thx in advance~
welcome to the fold, brother Jason.

i suggest you prioritize light attack first, then magic attack, then crit then HP. it's easier to get l atk and ma atk than crit, so might as well get them as high as possible. but don't neglect crit because it amplifies damage greatly. around 5-7K crit (at level 40 cap) should be good enough. lastly, since clerics have naturally high HP anyway, put it last, raise it with heraldries and overupgraded armor. also, you might want to take a look at Final Damage if you have the budget. it also helps with damage. (:])

#1535 jasonnck

jasonnck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

thx alot! =)

#1536 Malygris

Malygris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8157 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

you're welcome!

feel free to ask questions or share ideas here.

#1537 bloodgodkid

bloodgodkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • ZtotheG
  • AS, OBT
  • Vanguardz

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

I have a question. I'm an HP suffix abuser (yes, I admit it) because it keeps my mind free from worrying about myself and instead help others while dealing damage to enemies. I'm purely PVE. Now since their nerfing it, would it be fine to get First Aid? It's change in T4 is:

First Aid
CD: 15 sec (30 sec)
T3: Lv 1: 35%+68, Lv 5: 51%+194
T4-1: Lv 1: 156%+3721.5, Lv 2: 176%+5389.2
T4-2: Lv 1: 156%+3272, Lv 2: 176%+4939
T4-3.1: Lv 1: 176%+4939, Lv 2: 134%+4939
T4-3.2: Lv 2: 161%+850

Isn't this a big boost in HP recovery when hit? What do you guys think?

Also @Maly: Are you sure about Wand Mastery? Doesn't it directly affect you M.Attk? Because whenever I reset my skills (I've done that several times after reaching lvl 40, hehe) I noticed that my M.Attk is lowered significantly when it's zero. And Gigavolt also had this maxed, though he was using pre-T4 build but I don't think the function of this skill changed. Hmmm...

#1538 Malygris

Malygris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8157 posts
  • PapaThor
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

View Postbloodgodkid, on 24 August 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

I have a question. I'm an HP suffix abuser (yes, I admit it) because it keeps my mind free from worrying about myself and instead help others while dealing damage to enemies. I'm purely PVE. Now since their nerfing it, would it be fine to get First Aid? It's change in T4 is:

First Aid
CD: 15 sec (30 sec)
T3: Lv 1: 35%+68, Lv 5: 51%+194
T4-1: Lv 1: 156%+3721.5, Lv 2: 176%+5389.2
T4-2: Lv 1: 156%+3272, Lv 2: 176%+4939
T4-3.1: Lv 1: 176%+4939, Lv 2: 134%+4939
T4-3.2: Lv 2: 161%+850

Isn't this a big boost in HP recovery when hit? What do you guys think?

Also @Maly: Are you sure about Wand Mastery? Doesn't it directly affect you M.Attk? Because whenever I reset my skills (I've done that several times after reaching lvl 40, hehe) I noticed that my M.Attk is lowered significantly when it's zero. And Gigavolt also had this maxed, though he was using pre-T4 build but I don't think the function of this skill changed. Hmmm...
about first aid, maybe someone ought to test if it activates often in  our version of T4, because i recall reading that it doesn't.

i'm not sure about wand mastery, of course. (:D) but Vaahneon made it clear he tested it (in T4) and got no boost when using skills, but there's boost in making regular attacks. i don't really use the wand for regular attacks so might as well not get it.

#1539 kirinfang

kirinfang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3165 posts
  • Fangless
  • DN, Greenwood
  • League of Legaia

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

@yui I dont do pvp a lot (:[).Most of the time is on my SM. Pally too hard, cant juggle without sacred hammering (T.T)

@Maly yeah that's why I don't find it reliable . Maybe I'll look into it since the damage is really good I guess

#1540 Godking

Godking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Soldeo
  • DN, Springwood
  • 雷系各種魔法

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

To those who have doubt regarding Wand Mastery; it's proven it no longer add magic atk but simply as% increase percentage to your matk i.e you wont see it in your character stats but it does work. Btw Maly spend atleast one point for wand mastery to upgrade the normal wand attack. Dont be fooled, wand's upgraded attack is pretty powerful in combos.