Jump to content


Sorceress Q And A: Ask And And It Shall Be Answered


  • Please log in to reply
4559 replies to this topic

#41 Strela

Strela

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4538 posts
  • VioStrygun, SugiYukiji
  • DN, Greenwood
  • TrooperRFO

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

ah thank you for the suggestions
but how about poison missile?

should I get it or just leave it?



#42 omarche

omarche

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3803 posts
  • Amery
  • DN, Westwood
  • Houkisboshi / Athens / DNGG

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Strela, on 2012-02-03 12:55:17, said:

ah thank you for the suggestions
but how about poison missile?

should I get it or just leave it?

 

either you have it lvl 12 for an additional spore or leave it to lvl 1 for strategic purposes (flinching, additional combo, delay, etc.)



#43 _Hetia

_Hetia

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Hetia
  • DN, Springwood
  • FirePhoenix

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

If you have skill points, the level 12 for poison missle. If not, i say level 1. Its not exactly useful at level 50 since you have icy sword EX or fireball EX. But its good to have.

#44 Christine91

Christine91

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Diorie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Ikebukuro

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

omarche, on 2012-02-03 12:14:06, said:

Christine91, on 2012-02-03 11:14:22, said:

For Freezing shield:

Lvl 1 : 10% Freezing chance.

Lvl 2 : 15% Freezing Chance.

Lvl 3.... Lvl 7 : 20% Freezing Chance.

Fire Shield should be the same i guess.

 

If you don't mind, where did you get those sources? 

 

Just wanted a legit info smile

 

Sure. 

Reference : http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20110923/Saurus_Fire_Elestra_Seleana_Build-4e7c4ea93ad7eef13-15.html#p4eabbe0d6f6331

I am an ice EL. This page is very impt to me. At least for now it is. :) 



#45 lawrence_2415

lawrence_2415

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • CrimsonDrg
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

I think its unfair for the Ice EL cause the skill build is just focused for the fire...

just like the hellfire its just fo burn...

why dont they make a skill for frozen or frostbiten..

 

am I right



#46 stupidnamelimit

stupidnamelimit

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:24 AM

Christine91, on 2012-02-03 19:57:55, said:

omarche, on 2012-02-03 12:14:06, said:

Christine91, on 2012-02-03 11:14:22, said:

For Freezing shield:

Lvl 1 : 10% Freezing chance.

Lvl 2 : 15% Freezing Chance.

Lvl 3.... Lvl 7 : 20% Freezing Chance.

Fire Shield should be the same i guess.

 

If you don't mind, where did you get those sources? 

 

Just wanted a legit info smile

 

Sure. 

Reference : http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20110923/Saurus_Fire_Elestra_Seleana_Build-4e7c4ea93ad7eef13-15.html#p4eabbe0d6f6331

I am an ice EL. This page is very impt to me. At least for now it is. :) 

 

Well, he did mention, 

 

Freezing shield  (using -MP consumption crest adds approx. 110sec of shield time.) 
-able to freeze mobs that can not be frozen by other means. However, even if you manage to freeze them using this skill, they are unaffected by the skill icy fraction. 
-*Freeze duration is fixed at 3sec.
-Freeze rate increase with inc skill lvl.
-Continues shield toggle on/off = perma freeze?
    -Freeze rate: (may have changed with shield update)
    -lv1 10%
    -lv2 15%
    -lv3 20%
    -lv4 20%
     ---
    -lv7 20%

 

that. Which is why some of us are unclear.



#47 Seraphimu

Seraphimu

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2422 posts
  • Ceraphimu/Seraphimu
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

lawrence_2415, on 2012-02-04 02:06:57, said:

I think its unfair for the Ice EL cause the skill build is just focused for the fire...

just like the hellfire its just fo burn...

why dont they make a skill for frozen or frostbiten..

 

am I right

Yet to learn of the unfair world you have, my young padawan.



#48 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

    Extraordinary Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10922 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

Seraphimu, on 2012-02-04 02:26:00, said:

lawrence_2415, on 2012-02-04 02:06:57, said:

I think its unfair for the Ice EL cause the skill build is just focused for the fire...

just like the hellfire its just fo burn...

why dont they make a skill for frozen or frostbiten..

 

am I right

Yet to learn of the unfair world you have, my young padawan.

 

who knows? its not the end of the skill tree yet yknow... 60 skills might change a few things or big time.... although they have been giving nerfs to the Frost witches... like they removed the ice resist stacking and reduced the ability of ice resist to lengthen freeze duration... but still you have the benefit of stopping enemies in thier tracks and supporting allies by boosting thier damage up to 3x... A Frost Witch is more of a team player as a Pandemonium can be better off solo... bias is already obvious, as fire skills dish much more damage then ice skills, although cd of fire skills is longer and they dont have the object breaking ability... which ice skills can do with ease... 

that's my view anyway... just have fun with your char... XD because each of the characters of DN has their specific roles... we have to realize that anyway... Male classes are more of distraction and tanking (priests for support)... females get the dps and support role... although i do admit the upcoming academic class gets a bigger bias, she outshines most classes...



#49 Christine91

Christine91

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Diorie
  • DN, Westwood
  • Ikebukuro

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

Vaahneon, on 2012-02-04 09:21:04, said:

Seraphimu, on 2012-02-04 02:26:00, said:

lawrence_2415, on 2012-02-04 02:06:57, said:

I think its unfair for the Ice EL cause the skill build is just focused for the fire...

just like the hellfire its just fo burn...

why dont they make a skill for frozen or frostbiten..

 

am I right

Yet to learn of the unfair world you have, my young padawan.

 

who knows? its not the end of the skill tree yet yknow... 60 skills might change a few things or big time.... although they have been giving nerfs to the Frost witches... like they removed the ice resist stacking and reduced the ability of ice resist to lengthen freeze duration... but still you have the benefit of stopping enemies in thier tracks and supporting allies by boosting thier damage up to 3x... A Frost Witch is more of a team player as a Pandemonium can be better off solo... bias is already obvious, as fire skills dish much more damage then ice skills, although cd of fire skills is longer and they dont have the object breaking ability... which ice skills can do with ease... 

that's my view anyway... just have fun with your char... XD because each of the characters of DN has their specific roles... we have to realize that anyway... Male classes are more of distraction and tanking (priests for support)... females get the dps and support role... although i do admit the upcoming academic class gets a bigger bias, she outshines most classes...

 

YEAH MAN! Thats the way! Play what you like. 



#50 runming126

runming126

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

when u create a hereldry
if got 3rd stat will it show when u put the cursor on the hereldry  or u nid to create it then u will know if got 3rd stat?



#51 DeviLordz

DeviLordz

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

U got to create ur heraldry to show the 3rd Stats only. My advise is to craft all the Plates u get from Nests , Fd n Crit 3rd stats might come out n they r worth quite alot!

#52 dorae178

dorae178

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

how are the points on the right hand side of the screen counted? i used to think that it's normal for mages to have lower scores compared to other jobs, but i went to nest with another EL today and she still had much more points than me...

are the points affected by:

1. ur hits on the monsters

2. how often u got hit

3 etc?



#53 Seraphimu

Seraphimu

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2422 posts
  • Ceraphimu/Seraphimu
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

dorae178, on 2012-02-06 23:31:17, said:

how are the points on the right hand side of the screen counted? i used to think that it's normal for mages to have lower scores compared to other jobs, but i went to nest with another EL today and she still had much more points than me...

are the points affected by:

1. ur hits on the monsters

2. how often u got hit

3 etc?

As far as I know, combo hits and kills



#54 stupidnamelimit

stupidnamelimit

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:06 AM

Afaik, there's number of combo, number of hit, skill used, damage taken, debuffed, picking up item, dying(not sure about ressing someone), killing/dealing the last hit?, breaking items. There's probably more I guess.

#55 Ianosfera

Ianosfera

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

Should EL spam something to get more dps when Beyond Time is casted? like glacial spike/poison missile...



#56 ShinYueHui

ShinYueHui

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

when partying with FU and BT activated, I rather spam Freezing Sword + Frozen Spikes as those are my main dps... with occassional Frozen Field (for debuff) and Chilling mist for extra combo or ulti

I'm pure Ice btw



#57 CaptKooh

CaptKooh

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Fralite, Moans
  • DN, Greenwood
  • Claymore

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Ianosfera, on 2012-02-07 13:13:37, said:

Should EL spam something to get more dps when Beyond Time is casted? like glacial spike/poison missile...

imo, just use all your skills that do NOT need any casting time. (don't use Fireball)



#58 aAew__

aAew__

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4516 posts
  • aAep : GwapoJ
  • DN, Gwapowood

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

actually, according to chaose5 (the wonder researcher), fireball is one of the best DPS skills of an EL..

but im too lazy to watch my EL cast it so i rather GW-phoenix-shards-stab rinse repeat combo



#59 SweetDesu

SweetDesu

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • SweetCinn

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

How does a Sorc class survive a Free for All environment ?



#60 iyannetam

iyannetam

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

which is better for fire el or that make a diffrent in damge..magician sylvie ama ring with agi int 8% fire dgme or magician sylvie ana with magic attck 5.8% int agi??thanks in advance