Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10920 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:17 PM

icefreeze889, on 14 April 2017 - 03:45 AM, said:

So in this cap, comp on pvp matches apply same rules in 1:1/3:3 ladder? No difference?

When I was still playing during 40 cap, enhancement in armors, elemental defense, elemental attack, and resistance matter in ladder while in general pvp comp on, everyone has same stats.

Ladder is leaning more to comp off... so gears do matter there, not as much as an actual comp off match however

Edited by Vaahneon, 16 April 2017 - 06:18 PM.

#4542 Weabootrash

Weabootrash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • DN, Springwood
  • N/A

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:18 PM

Hey i'm kinda new to this forum stuff but uhm here goes (P.S Sorry for the format of my question i'm really new to the forum)

So Black Mara IMO has the potential to have the biggest DPS out of all the classes (Enchanced Contract is so OP when used right)

so i'm ready to waste my life just to increase virtual numbers (<3)  so as of now i earned about 50k gold and i'm ready to waste it but now here comes my dilemma

Should i focus on stacking Int because of that class mastery or should i focus on reaching 80-90% D.ATK?

I don't really know if i should buy that Ultimate weapon or that abyss earring and costume

oh and also i'm just aiming for those Decent high end gear not in my list of getting RDN,IDN or that RuDN  i would like to see my kidney live another day

And haha another question: In your opinion is Black mara's DPS up to par to Saleana and Majesty? i know those two are considered the best DPS class (well from what i read)  

Sorry if my questions might've been answered already but i really tried searching for the answer and i might've missed it

#4543 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

Query: Would I be dumb in thinking that Elestra is more "noob-friendly" (I lack a better word) than Saleana? She does have two shields and a CM2 that is 3% better than Cleric's Toughness passive. I do see those as safety nets/fallbacks for those who have not so good dodging skills.

She compromises damage, but she helps by adding an ice layer for the party. She also does seem to have faster casting times with her spells, except glacial field, and freezing field to a certain extent. However, Saleana's burst gameplay is more suited to the meta, from what I've read.

Edited by Dirkheim, 19 April 2017 - 05:55 PM.

#4544 AzzRule

AzzRule

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LilyAquina
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:40 AM

View PostDirkheim, on 19 April 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Query: Would I be dumb in thinking that Elestra is more "noob-friendly" (I lack a better word) than Saleana? She does have two shields and a CM2 that is 3% better than Cleric's Toughness passive. I do see those as safety nets/fallbacks for those who have not so good dodging skills.

She compromises damage, but she helps by adding an ice layer for the party. She also does seem to have faster casting times with her spells, except glacial field, and freezing field to a certain extent. However, Saleana's burst gameplay is more suited to the meta, from what I've read.

It's just they have different gameplay...Eles barrier is essential due her relatively low damage board (so she could exploit more DPS windows) and her close-range type combat...
In the other hand, Sally could nuke enemies from distance...
But still, if u eat too much attack from enemies, barrier aint gonna save you...

#4545 Dirkheim

Dirkheim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Sallyheim
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:47 AM

View PostAzzRule, on 20 April 2017 - 02:40 AM, said:

But still, if u eat too much attack from enemies, barrier aint gonna save you...

I do agree with this. Dodging is still key here. Also, does elemental shield reduce the damage taken by ice barrier?

View PostAzzRule, on 20 April 2017 - 02:40 AM, said:

It's just they have different gameplay...Eles barrier is essential due her relatively low damage board (so she could exploit more DPS windows) and her close-range type combat...
In the other hand, Sally could nuke enemies from distance...

IMO, I don't feel the 'distance' advantage of Sally thay much. Meteor seems to have the same range as freezing field, if I'm not mistaken. Fireball would also take too much time to aim if cast from long ranges.
I just find that Elestra is a bit safer since many of Sally's long cast time spells screw me more often than I would want to (yes I suks).

P.S. I have no intention of causing discrimination with either EL's. Both are great. (:])

#4546 AzzRule

AzzRule

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LilyAquina
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:57 AM

View PostDirkheim, on 20 April 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

I do agree with this. Dodging is still key here. Also, does elemental shield reduce the damage taken by ice barrier?

It does...

Here's good part about her...If she has high enough magic attack (around 500k) and there's HP shell buff from tanker in the party, by activating barrier + shield together she's literally invincible for 20 seconds...
She could eat all the shiets from enemies without getting hurt...

#4547 k0npaku

k0npaku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • ObeseWalkr
  • DN, Holywood
  • McDonalds

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

Why majesty is treated like weak class this times?
Her skills deal pretty good damage even if you forget about freakin' 12.4k% TO EXi with 4.4sec CD which is amazing consistent dps

#4548 GreyRobin

GreyRobin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

View Postk0npaku, on 21 April 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

Her skills deal pretty good damage even if you forget about freakin' 12.4k% TO EXi with 4.4sec CD which is amazing consistent dps

Actually it's more like 23,353% if all hits land from double cast (not including gravity sphere damage). Realistically it's around 20,500% on average, as explained in the guide that was recently posted.

#4549 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10920 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:59 PM

View PostWeabootrash, on 18 April 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

Hey i'm kinda new to this forum stuff but uhm here goes (P.S Sorry for the format of my question i'm really new to the forum)

So Black Mara IMO has the potential to have the biggest DPS out of all the classes (Enchanced Contract is so OP when used right)

so i'm ready to waste my life just to increase virtual numbers (<3)  so as of now i earned about 50k gold and i'm ready to waste it but now here comes my dilemma

Should i focus on stacking Int because of that class mastery or should i focus on reaching 80-90% D.ATK?

I don't really know if i should buy that Ultimate weapon or that abyss earring and costume

oh and also i'm just aiming for those Decent high end gear not in my list of getting RDN,IDN or that RuDN  i would like to see my kidney live another day

And haha another question: In your opinion is Black mara's DPS up to par to Saleana and Majesty? i know those two are considered the best DPS class (well from what i read)  

Sorry if my questions might've been answered already but i really tried searching for the answer and i might've missed it

Not sure... but probably in between saleana and majesty... saleana especially those who still can use hellfire (only old players can achieve hellfire mode) will still do a lot of damage...

its more of a balance of stats... crit is the main priority followed by elem atk...

View PostDirkheim, on 19 April 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

sorceress itself is a difficult class to play... no self sustaining skills, has the least i-frame skills, has the shortest jump time and barely any air time... elestra has the highest defenses among the sorcs due to her passives and shield skill but that wont be enough for actual tanking... unless you built yourself like one but you'll lack dps... ice layer is a good buff but its not as strong as it used to be... plus adept can do it too to a lesser extent...

all sorcs have pretty fast casting spells now, elestra having a slight advantage of spamming... but elestra has a slightly longer setup actually than saleana, saleana only has 2 debuffs then the rest is using skills she has under tho... elestra has to more often than not setup glacial field for ice sphere ctc usage, use phoenix and keep the opponent frozen as much as possible...

Edited by Vaahneon, 27 April 2017 - 11:16 PM.

#4550 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • 10920 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:19 PM

View Postk0npaku, on 21 April 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

discrimination is nothing new to the community...

#4551 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3030 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

Has anyone figured out how to make Focus Gravity work? What are the parameters causing it to null?

#4552 GreyRobin

GreyRobin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

View PostXenocho, on 28 April 2017 - 12:07 AM, said:

Has anyone figured out how to make Focus Gravity work? What are the parameters causing it to null?

All spheres are being nullified for you? Or only some of them? One thing I'll bring up from the beginning of Sorc awakening is that the spheres still appear to be on the field even after their 5s duration is up. Casting FG after this time won't cause them to deal any damage. The same is true should they expire during mid-flight. Spheres generated one at a time from GBEX or TOEX (non exi) each have a 5s duration, but they show up roughly .5s - 1s after one another, depending on the skill. This can make it look like a portion of your spheres are nullified, when in reality, some of them have just simply expired and 'visually' have not left the field. I prefer to TOExi before GB to prevent this scenario from happening. So remember, for GB/TO EX, start the 5s duration in your head from the very first sphere created at the first explosion.

Oh, and don't count AFTER the explosion, start counting at the START of the explosion. This was a mistake I made in the very beginning. The sphere is generated at the start of the explosion, so the visual effects of the explosion actually make up about .5s of the duration (sorry if this paragraph is hard to understand, I'm rushing before school). If you count 5s after the explosion you will miss your window. When counting, and whenever possible, try to have the left-click of FG cast by the 3.5s mark. I have had a few issues here and there where there's been a delay in FG casting.

Another thing is the speed boosts from Lencea, RH, and will shard. These boosts make it much easier to stack 9-12  spheres (depending on BT) and still have enough time to cast FG; even if only 1 boost is applied.

Good luck.

#4553 TheFairy

TheFairy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • FairySan ; ScreamBee
  • DN, Springwood

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:07 PM

I badly need help guys. I just made a smasher and I want her to be strong enough to do solo. What jade should I choose? Should I go magic or a conversion jade or light? Please enlighten me

#4554 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6816 posts
  • VengefulOne
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

View PostTheFairy, on 23 May 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

I badly need help guys. I just made a smasher and I want her to be strong enough to do solo. What jade should I choose? Should I go magic or a conversion jade or light? Please enlighten me

About elemental question...

This might help. http://forum.cherryc...o-go-elemental/

#4555 PurpleApple

PurpleApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:28 PM

Hi, I just returned frm 2 months hiatus on dn. Is there any way to check if sally has the old hellfire bug?

#4556 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3030 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

Specifically this post: http://forum.cherryc...20#entry2990559 (#340)

I will quote it for your convenience:

View PostFirePhoenix, on 06 May 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

Hm, wiki is not really trustworthy source. And in case of DN wiki, it is simply outdate.
I already give you the link saying that HF is 30%.
But anyways, we did a test today proving it is 30%
Posted Image

33% and 70% is whole new different. Moreover, there are many FD Sal out there don't have hellfire, so there is no need to assume that.

#4557 PurpleApple

PurpleApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:17 PM

I mean how to test it myself? If my char still has it. Not sure where the numbers are from, sorry Im confused ><

Edited by PurpleApple, 24 May 2017 - 09:17 PM.

#4558 Xenocho

Xenocho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3030 posts
  • Remmystarr
  • DN, Westwood
  • Loki / Eden

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:19 PM

View PostPurpleApple, on 24 May 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

I mean how to test it myself? If my char still has it. Not sure where the numbers are from, sorry Im confused ><

Cast a skill that makes the target on fire, then cast ignite. If there is red +, thats burning hand. If there is white +, that's hellfire.

#4559 PurpleApple

PurpleApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:30 PM

Xenocho, on 24 May 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

Cast a skill that makes the target on fire, then cast ignite. If there is red +, thats burning hand. If there is white +, that's hellfire.

Ohh i see, imma check it when i get home later. Thanks a bunch!

#4560 SorceressHater

SorceressHater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6816 posts
  • VengefulOne
  • DN, Holywood
  • SeaOfFlame

Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

Make sure you go solo, Assassin raid buff gives the same + white damage.

Also if your weapon costume got engraving, unequip the costume first.