First of all, welcome to my Signature Guide thread!
Please note that this is my style of doing siggies, you’re not forced to copy it. You can adjust it to your personal style!
If you’re willing to share this guide with your friends, other forums/etc, please give me credits for it. Since i had a lot of work doing this tutorial.
Photoshop (I use the version CS3)
Photoscape (you can download it for free) http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Photoscape+free+download
- I also recommend you to download some brushes at DeaviantArt.com, where you can find thousands of art related things. I also like to use some renders from there.
- I would say 380x160 is a nice size, but you can pick another one. I personally don’t like huge signatures.
So let’s get started!
Open your Photoshop and then pick a bright and dark color that fits the render (right now I’m using blue).
- Go to File>New, choose your signature size and where it says Background Contents, select Background Color.
- Click on the Gradiant tool>Radial Gradient and decide which gradient you want to use (you should pick the first/second one, that’s why we adjusted the colors first).
- As you can see in the picture, the opacity is 20:
- Now comes the render part! Open the render on photoshop (change the size if you want) and place it on your signature.
- Go to Filter>Sharpen>Sharpen and you will notice a difference on the render, (don’t forget to use the move tool to adjust your render place)
- Ok I usually use textures on my sigs, in my opinion this step is really important. You should google light textures (my favorite).
- Here’s the one I’m using now: http://th03.devianta..._by_xRumorx.jpg
- Place the texture on your sig, move it like you wish, put the file between the background and the render and choose screen mode!
- Now we’re gonna need the brushes I told you to download at deviantart. You don’t need to pick the exact same brushes that I’m using.
- Just go to that site and search for the ones that you like the most.
- Next, adjust the opacity, size, color, etc and put it.
- Write the text you want to add, change color, size and things like that.
- Right click on the text file>Blending options>Outer Glow>Inner Glow (choose a light yellow).
- Add a stroke as well, change color, make it size 1 and adjust the opacity.
- Right click on the text file>Duplicate Layer. It will appear a copy of your text.
- Select the original text file again and go to Filter>Blur>Motion blur. Here’s the example:
- Right click on the Layer 1 file (the render) and pick Lighten.
- Another example:
- At this moment I added some light brushes effects, like little stars, a weird text under my name, etc.
- Let’s give a little more attention to the text.
- I went to the stroke part again and I picked a white gradient to it.
- As you can see it stands a lot more now!
- Ok that’s it for photoshop! Remember the program I suggested you to download? Yes, Photoscape!
- It’s a free images editor, I only use it to change colors a little bit and to add a cute border :3
Ok here it is the final look of my signature:
Another guide made by me but with a different style:
<iframe width='420' height='315' src='http://www.youtube.c...bed/nl8vRLdWlSs' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
Thank you for reading my guide! If you have any suggestions feel free to comment below!
Hope you like it.
More signatures that i made:
Wish you Luck!