Compilation Of Sorceress Skill Revamp And Update (Added Black Mara Skill Data)

• Please log in to reply
762 replies to this topic

#41 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10927 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

Seraphimu, on 2012-04-17 18:31:57, said:

Lol we are so screwed

I also wondered why such a huge nerf to BT... but they havent translated the whole of it yet... since some other buffs got effects cut but durations increased... i hope BT gets the same...

#42 Seraphimu

Seraphimu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts
  • Ceraphimu/Seraphimu
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Arcane looks good though, it benefits skills with high skill amps more right now. Glacial Smasher will no longer be as effective with nerfed BT.. An increase in Arcane's duration would be great to cover the nerf from BT, but Majesties will have it tough >_< increasing duration of BT seems very unlikely..

#43 gentlemen

gentlemen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2440 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Nerf BT? good luck to us doing SDN then. Now we will have a small room for error (BT -> Havoc Howl, SDN stage). Shouldn't BT already have LOWER cooldown? And, looks like SMASHER might be a better path (I heartDPS)

#44 Nretep

Nretep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1630 posts
  • Nretep
  • DN, Westwood
  • Guild: NineTail

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

If they make BT only reduce 40% (which would be worse than Acros SB, as a former ulti), they better make it passive.

#45 archaos23

archaos23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Vaahneon, on 2012-03-15 19:03:03, said:

Force User:

Slow Area

will slow x% and deal dmg, xx%+xx.

Beyond Time

cd reduction percentage reduced to 40% (80%)

o_O 40%?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tear no more fun on that.................. its the same reduction from Acrobat' spirit boost......................... pout

if thats the case, better change the AOE range, instead of meters surrounding the FU, it should hit all party members regardless of their distance from the FU... and how about increasing duration????? shame

*bye majesty, hello smasher*

#46 ivanz922

ivanz922

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

nerfing BT is like taking away our means of survival ... at least FUs can become smashers , who i think is gonna shine . LOL at eles nerf .. their dps skills flame road and ice stab being nerfed too ! 

#47 gentlemen

gentlemen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2440 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Do the DEVs seriously want FU's to become extinct? We (FU's) have gone through nerfs before other classes, and are hit harder mad.

Nerf TIMESTOP... Nerf BT... next thing we know, they'll make ascension just flinch, MS just flinch, or worse...

#48 rehael95

rehael95

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

Are they planning to kill the Magic Base class?
Damage is what we got :|
Too much nerfing on ELs =_=
Havent they nerfed the ELs too much already =-=

#49 Seraphimu

Seraphimu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts
  • Ceraphimu/Seraphimu
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

Chaose added more entries, it looks like it will be Smasher's era for the FUs.

#50 adikaba

adikaba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2446 posts
  • (Windwalker)
  • DN, Holywood

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

The nerf of Flame Road ...

oh no i cant take it 

just 6 hits? thats ridiculous

#51 Nretep

Nretep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1630 posts
  • Nretep
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

if I check chaoses thread at mmosite (http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20120417/Dawn_of_T4_Era_KDN_Test_Server_Sorceress_Skill_Changes_updating-4f8d3c192dc3a9c13-1.html), there are quite other informations. Better link to the source.

Wheeling staff is far lower on that thread, but the FU skills aren't in yet.

But if you browse further, you see, that chaose says, that 3Orb will also get an 'when hit x times, dmg lowered by 80%'. So much to the greatest DPS skill of FUs.

If I check the threads of other classes, most of them get great buffs, while Sorc gets balancings and GravFU nerfs. Yet Smasher is buffed.

It's also described, that all skills will be reset and the SP cost simplified (3/1 instead 8/2, 10/3 ...). Let's call this system Renewal (like RO did :P) instead of T4 ...

#52 Seraphimu

Seraphimu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts
  • Ceraphimu/Seraphimu
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Nretep, on 2012-04-17 21:49:08, said:

if I check chaoses thread at mmosite (http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/217/20120417/Dawn_of_T4_Era_KDN_Test_Server_Sorceress_Skill_Changes_updating-4f8d3c192dc3a9c13-1.html), there are quite other informations. Better link to the source.

Wheeling staff is far lower on that thread, but the FU skills aren't in yet.

But if you browse further, you see, that chaose says, that 3Orb will also get an 'when hit x times, dmg lowered by 80%'. So much to the greatest DPS skill of FUs.

If I check the threads of other classes, most of them get great buffs, while Sorc gets balancings and GravFU nerfs. Yet Smasher is buffed.

It's also described, that all skills will be reset and the SP cost simplified (3/1 instead 8/2, 10/3 ...). Let's call this system Renewal (like RO did :P) instead of T4 ...

There are also skills which have a certain SP requirement to be spent on that specific class (eg what was shown was an archer skill which required 30sp to be spent inside archer's skill category before being able to be learnt). The developers probably want to get rid of hybrid builds for whatever reason they may have. They buffed maxed level skills a lot, so it's very likely the case. Nine Tail Laser's additional skill damage at max level got increased to 72k.. making it a very attracting skill for Smasher, not to mention the buff system was changed (enhancing Arcane).. The only issue is that Majesties seem to lose a lot of DPS so they'll need to stick to mob control and SA destruction (disability) and leave dps to ELs/Smashers/other classes.

Edit: Just read chaose's thread again and saw a buffed Glacial Spike heart Force Explosion as well.. with the new SP system, it's build planning all over again!

#53 Lheja29

Lheja29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Miojearue
  • DN, Westwood
  • Acolytes

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

what is this ??  madmad

They're turning DN TO RAGNAROK NOWmadmad

Why FU of all class ??tearteartear

and they boost up other class more..? madmad

i red it mmosite thread sobsob

Whats gonna happen to our Role at higher nest? burntoutburntout

#54 Seraphimu

Seraphimu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2423 posts
  • Ceraphimu/Seraphimu
  • DN, Westwood
  • Eden

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Lheja29, on 2012-04-17 22:08:30, said:

what is this ??  madmad

They're turning DN TO RAGNAROK NOWmadmad

Why FU of all class ??tearteartear

and they boost up other class more..? madmad

i red it mmosite thread sobsob

Whats gonna happen to our Role at higher nest? burntoutburntout

Actually.... Smashers are gaining a very huge boost, to the point I might call it OP.. and ELs are getting nerfed on quite a few skills. I hate how TA is going to lose it's purpose, but from a scenario I formed in my head, it's the logical thing to do. A buffed Smasher with TA will probably put us on a platform higher than ELs.. which isn't supposed to be the case.

#55 ivanz922

ivanz922

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

behold that smashers maybe the next EL .. and im a force user ^^ but our role in nests has been jeopardised . have to compete with acros now ... screw u devs!!! els just lost their place ... acads will replace them T.T

#56 Nretep

Nretep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1630 posts
  • Nretep
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Lheja29, on 2012-04-17 22:08:30, said:

They're turning DN TO RAGNAROK NOW

Why FU of all class ??

and they boost up other class more..? 

Whats gonna happen to our Role at higher nest? 

1. I just used RO in terms of 'renewing the whole mechanics'. Ragnarok had to do this because the system didn't allow further advancements ((super) exponential formulas). DN does this because ... no clue.
  2. Because ... no clue
  3. see 2.
  4. FU never had a major role in Nests. Disabling was disabled, Lasers has bad DPS. The only reason was BT and this has been fixed probably.

Seraphimu, on 2012-04-17 22:42:29, said:

Actually.... Smashers are gaining a very huge boost, to the point I might call it OP.. and ELs are getting nerfed on quite a few skills. I hate how TA is going to lose it's purpose, but from a scenario I formed in my head, it's the logical thing to do. A buffed Smasher with TA will probably put us on a platform higher than ELs.. which isn't supposed to be the case.

It would probably make Smashers ourdamage ELs, yeah. But just for 13 (14) seconds. As an former ulti. While it also works on party (ELs, too). I see no reason to nerf it to 40% (-40% or to 40% ?). It was the only reason for FUs to be in Nest parties ...

#57 Lheja29

Lheja29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Miojearue
  • DN, Westwood
  • Acolytes

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

@ seraph

its like they're killing majesty  burntoutburntout

whats gonna happen to my 2nd FU.  majesty to be, im still makin my set for it  her

i love FU's really love got 3 of em actually, smasher,majesty and hybrid(3rd)

hope majesty is still as usefull at pvp, time stop will be nerf too ???? (hope not !! gasp)  

im hoping that the idea you got for smasher will go as it is burntout burntout

nerfing FU class again then boosting other class dmg and CD pout

whats next?  DN will be called Ragnarok 3 ?  crazypeace

look like ill be needing practice more than before again át pvp 

i'm still a noob on my FU tense

#58 gentlemen

gentlemen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2440 posts
  • DN, Westwood

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

At this point in time, a PURE LASER (+GS +GB) build looks tempting... And, nerfing a previous ULTI is, IMO, a bad idea (Havoc Howl, Spirit Boost are 2 other former ULTI's, and AFAIK, they haven't been nerfed).

Max GB, Max GS, Max Linear Ray (+ex), Max NTL, GravTrap lvl9, Max Arcane, Laser Cutter (+1 skillring), anyone?

Though, I just HOPE we (smashers) get a passive damage buff (something like hellfire).

Slightly-off topic: I have yet to hit 50 on my smasher (lazy lol), but how many Laser Cutters do you guys think I can cast in the span of 13 seconds (with TA)?

#59 xKYTHEx

xKYTHEx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

i still have hope for EL, particularly for Pyros with these changes. I think 1 major change is that burning hand for pyros have 0 sec CD (compared to current 3.5 sec CD). This means every hit of a pyro (well considering that the target is burned, which shouldnt be a problem to any pyro) will have a chance to do 20% more damage. that is for evey hit my friend up hellfire + burning hand will hopefull still make ELs very good DPS chars. As for the limit count on certain skills, most notably flame road, yes even if the full100% damage is now limited to the 1st 6 hits of the skill, i noticed that the max lvl of flameroad (the new one) is significantly much much much higher compared to the old one. Lv7: 470%+27125 (new one) vs 317%+1388 (old one). Although i havent done the numbers yet, im pretty sure that the first 6 hits of flameroad(new) given that damage calculation can keep up with the old flameroad (full number of hits). in any case GL to our beloved sorceress (both FU and EL wink)

#60 Vaahneon

Vaahneon

Extraordinary Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10927 posts
  • Vaahn
  • Alliance

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

now its complete XD but not final

we dont know yet how it will fare.... everything changed actually, even calculations.... the test servers will prove the damages whether everything is buffed or not.... and they might retweak after the test server....

but judging from the formulas.... EL faced a nerf (especially the fire route) while ice got little boosts but removed the -ice resists... FU mostly get buffs in damage... engineer might pretty much stay as the top DPS char for physical... EL we dont know...