Cherry Credits Forum
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mantou  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:30:59 PM(UTC)
Mantou

Singapore

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Currently there is still no update from ED side on the intention of lifting the IP Blocks for SEA or NA region. No news on having a new publisher to take over the data from CC :(

Offline Returning Player  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 2:39:05 AM(UTC)
Returning Player

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I can host it with permission from ED (I'm a broke student, I can't afford to be sued)but try me)., I have experience hosting game servers from DN, Rose Online, Perfect World, RuneScape, Unreal Tournament, Quake and (pretty much every game I have ever played I have managed to get the server files )many more game servers and also familiar with web stuff however still unfamiliar with ASPX and .NET which DN.(I have a contact who could help with that).

In a perfect world I would enter a contract with ED to host the server and they get 100% of the profits -50% - 100% off operational costs (host server, backups, security audits etc) with updates and bugfixes.

At the very least let me archive the database so in the future we can reset everything, I will fund it all.

thanks 1 user thanked Returning Player for this useful post.
Nagato on 5/2/2019(UTC)
Offline AceOfDarkness/Kuroshi  
#83 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 8:03:42 AM(UTC)
AceOfDarkness/Kuroshi

Man
United Kingdom

12 more days till party time!
UserPostedImage​​​​​​​

UserPostedImage

Offline Kizun  
#84 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2019 4:16:38 PM(UTC)
Kizun

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AceOfDarkness/Kuroshi Go to Quoted Post
12 more days till party time!
UserPostedImage​​​​​​​

UserPostedImage

How much of a lowlife do you have to be to feel satisfaction out of other people's sadness? If you dont like the game for some reason &amp; dont care about it then feel free to avoid anything that has to do with the game. Pretty simple isnt it?

#85 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 8:37:53 PM(UTC)
AceOfDarkness/Kuroshi

Man
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage​​​​​​​

Offline Nagato  
#86 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:40:23 PM(UTC)
Nagato

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)

At least we tried everything that we can,as a players who lost their Home Base.

This is not just a Random Game that we spending $$ and nothing more.There are much more things that we can mention. We strongly hope somebody or EyeDentity to host this Home-Base server.There can be much experiments to do such as to Merge with SEA/NA ? So we as a players to not lose our server.

1 week left till the server closureUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked Nagato for this useful post.
M.TheGreat on 5/8/2019(UTC)
#87 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 2:10:42 AM(UTC)
AceOfDarkness/Kuroshi

Man
United Kingdom

Remember Remember the 15th of May.

Offline Yami  
#88 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 4:42:40 AM(UTC)
Yami

Man

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Well, what more to say about this disappointment? I think most has already been said by our great player community, I'm just here to leave my two cents, which I don't even want to spend too much time on considering the forums will be cleansed of our messages anyway.

[font=Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif;]I'm greatly disappointed by the poor service delivered by Cherry Credits as well as the lack of information surrounding the reasons for our server closure from both them and EYEDENTITY GAMES. The player community had to unite together ever since Cherry Credits took over publishing from Shanda, because they had no presence, no communication, nothing, and have managed to keep doing an awful job with that until the end. "We're sorry, we don't know why your server is closing down." "We don't know why Eyedentity doesn't want to renew the contract."

I guess it's not just Europe that's going downhill though, NA has shown to be in a bad state with SEA and even Korea following behind. News reached our ears today that even Indonesia is in a bad state as well. Perhaps ED decided to call quits on the game and move on to developing more mobile games, right?

Cherry Credits and Eyedentity Games, if you have any kind of respect for the players that have been here and put up with all the bad service throughout the years, paid a lot of money and invested a lot of time in playing, you'll at least provide an honest reason as to why things are coming to an end this way.

As a player community, we, the players of Dragon Nest Europe would like to press on the matter and say we would have enjoyed playing this game for a little while longer, and would have appreciated proper communication regarding its closure. We still hope that some kind of recovery could be made towards our game and play-data, despite a lot of damage already having been done. Dragon Nest still holds a lot of potential in play, story-telling, and financial incoming, if the right decision-making is done by management. A lot of the choices made and services provided just made players grow tired of things and give up on the game.

[View our player petition signed by over 820 people to keep the Dragon Nest Europe server alive!]

With our petition we would like to see whether our voices can still be heard, and that something can be done with the input of many players we've gathered. Either sign a new contract with Cherry Credits, have Eyedentity Games publish our region themselves, or find someone/ party that's willing to put in the work (I'm available o/ on the right terms). If nothing can be done on short notice, we hope our precious data can be kept safe so that we'll be able to access it again sometime soon. If we can do something to help with that on our end, please communicate this with us.

It makes us sad to see the game we all enjoy and love, one that offers a unique play experience, die out like this. It still maintained activity, income, and a dedicated player base to which the game provided a lot of positivity.

UserPostedImage

I'll write a more in-depth review of Cherry Credits' and Eyedentity Games' service in a place where it won't be deleted in a month or two, and where people can read before signing up to your services in the future.

All Dragon Nest players are invited to our community Discord, which will be undergoing changes when the game officially closes on May 15th, we'll continue to provide a fun gaming community for you guys! Please leave us your comments and input on changes you would like to see!

Thank you for having been part of this community and having played with us in Dragon Nest Europe.

ZeroYami out.

[/font]

JoinRurouni
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Yami for this useful post.
Nagato on 5/10/2019(UTC)
Offline EDsucks  
#89 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 8:44:42 AM(UTC)
EDsucks

**This is NOT a personal flame post, rather this is an insight of what ED MIGHT be thinking**

In September 2016, Nexon's (the original publisher of the NA server) 5-year contract with ED had come to an end. Nexon did NOT renew the contract and dropped publishing rights for the NA server. This was 3-years ago, and if you cast your mind back you should remember that this game (while it was starting to die out) was still having hope at that time. Here in May 2019, NA is at their all-time low on active players in the game.

In August 2017, CherryCredits' (the previous publisher of the SEA server) contract with ED had come to an end. CherryCredits' contract was NOT renewed and dropped publishing rights for the SEA server. SEA had a large player base in the game (like really, on active hours there were 10+ pages of parties in town) and so it was likely ED decided to take over based on that. May 2019, SEA server is also decreasing on active players (though it is still one of the most populated servers).

With these two in mind, would any publisher like to take over publishing rights for this game (for EU)? The reality is no, there is too much risk for them monitarily. Not even ED wants to.

But why not even ED? I will list likely reasons:

Active player base in the game is too small now

I keep emphasising "in the game" because this is all ED cares about. They actually do not give a single damn about how active your community discord server is.

"Look our discord server has more than 2500 members" says players

"So what? Anyone in the world can join those servers. Look at you. You are in all NA, SEA, and EU discord servers. But do you play on all those servers? No. So those numbers tell us nothing." replies ED

If you want to prove this point wrong, you should post an imagine of all the players/parties in the EU game server as of the start of the year to now. It is not a coincidence that you guys only post the discord server players and not the game server players.

Now some players may argue "but what about NA with not even 2000 discord members? Even if the numbers are not true the relativity between EU and NA should suggest that EU is more populated anyway" and if you do think that, you might actually be correct. But again from ED's point of view, it is not about how active EU is relative to NA and SEA, but it is about how many additional players ED has to cater for if they were to publish EU relative to the amount of money and effort they have to spend on top of what they already spend for NA and SEA.

Different regulations/laws to NA and SEA

I need correction from you guys especially for this section where necessary, but I believe that EU does not have a gacha system due to some regulation infringement or something like that? I do not know the income ED makes through the different servers of DN, but I can say for NA that the gacha system has contributed a large revenue from NA server to ED. SEA should be even bigger. While EU does have spend events, so too does NA and SEA. In the end I am guessing the revenue per player is also lower for EU compared to NA and SEA (but again, I have no concrete information about how much money is made so this is all guess work).

The region

EU covers a wider range of countries that can play. Therefore there is likely to be more effort needed to IP lift on NA and/or SEA should they do this (and unfortunately I think they will not, even if it is a simple task. Do not underestimate how lazy ED can be).

Remember, these are likely reasons and certainly may not be the real reasons.

At this point the best bet for EU player base would be to play on a private server. But definitely keep that petition going and see where it takes the EU players.

By, a random 8-year NA player

**This is NOT a personal flame post, rather this is an insight of what ED MIGHT be thinking**

#90 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 7:30:54 PM(UTC)
AceOfDarkness/Kuroshi

Man
United Kingdom

That is practically what people are doing lol I don't think EU will survive in how much of a mess the current state it is in (not that I want it too) but last time I logged on the game was littered with broken bugs hackers bots and cheaters...

Which is also another problem that shoulf have been fixed ages ago.

I also did a guild check for comparison and counted how many english guilds existed and there is barely any (besides the ones I dislike but thats a entirely different matter which is irrelevant)

If anything so my characters don't get deleted think I will just log on rip all my character models from the game and use them on something else. Because its legit the only use I can find on them.

But even if they do get erased idc because this games current state is flawed in just so many ways I question if it is even worth trying to spend a bunch of money to save it in the first place.

(What you expecting a troll post? :D)
Offline SeefieldDNEU  
#91 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:11:04 AM(UTC)
SeefieldDNEU

France

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello, is the end at 6pm

UserPostedImage

Where are you go now ?

Edited by moderator Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:46:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Nagato  
#92 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:24:35 AM(UTC)
Nagato

Man

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I Personally do not trust much in P.Servers crashes and errors sometimes are going to down the server.+Bugs,missing skills and items missing that i noticed.

I'm playing SEA and ofc it's Handled as ik by EyeDentity that can close the server w/o saying anything specific as they did Today!

PS: ED still uses Region IP Block.

Edited by moderator Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:47:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Nagato for this useful post.
M.TheGreat on 5/16/2019(UTC)
Offline M.TheGreat  
#93 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:47:12 AM(UTC)
M.TheGreat

Poland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Time to say goodbye...UserPostedImage​​​​​​​

#94 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:35:45 AM(UTC)
AceOfDarkness/Kuroshi

Man
United Kingdom

When DNEU closes.

5 Pages«<345